Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP G6 DA0R13MB6E1 QUANTA R13 REV. E / No power, No LEDs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP G6 DA0R13MB6E1 QUANTA R13 REV. E / No power, No LEDs...

Originally posted by antony.ag View Post
    I have just measured the resistance in volt cc without removing it and it brings me 023
    023 what? Ohm, Volt, Amps, milli Ohm, milli Volt, .......

You measured the resistance in volt cc? What do you mean?
    What do you mean with cc ?
    Did you mean: I measured the voltage across the resistor?

Sorry but this is really hard to understand...

Comment

sorry I'm Italian and the translator is not always accurate ... cmq I measured the resistance ohm by setting 200 before he smoked he brought me a value 22.6 after the smoke brings me a value si 23.6

Comment

sorry I'm Italian and the translator is not always accurate ... cmq I measured the resistance ohm by setting 200 before he smoked he brought me a value 22.6 after the smoke brings me a value si 23.6
        So you desoldered it now and it is 23.6 Ohm when NOT soldered to the board. Correct?

Have you removed PC16 before doing anything else like i told you?

Comment

no no ... I took the values without unsoldering anything ... two seconds that I quit pc16

Comment

After you removed PC16 and it still smokes set your meter like i marked in the picture and put the black probe on the left side of pr12 and the red probe on the right side of pr12. Now turn the board on and take a picture of your meter. The board has to be turned on while measuring! Do it quickly.
            Attached Files

Comment

I removed pc16 and it didn't smoke ... the power led turned on ... before it couldn't be accessed

Comment

I removed pc16 and it didn't smoke ... the power led turned on ... before it couldn't be accessed
                It will most likely work now. Ignore my last post with the measurement.

Comment

but is it normal that that resistance first brought me 22.6 ohms and now it brings me 23.8 ohm?

Comment

but is it normal that that resistance first brought me 22.6 ohms and now it brings me 23.8 ohm?
                    Yes. You are measuring in circuit with all other components attached to it.
                    Does the board work now? You can easily tell by the cpu warming up.

Comment

nothing ... it's wrong ... now the led turns on the dc power but trying to turn it on nothing happens does not turn the fan and the pc does not turn on :-(

Comment

nothing ... it's wrong ... now the led turns on the dc power but trying to turn it on nothing happens does not turn the fan and the pc does not turn on :-(
                        Alright.. Now you have to measure all power rails on this machine while it is on.

Put your black probe on gnd (a metal shield, screw hole, ..) and the red probe on one pad of the big grey squares with two contacts.

Do this for all big grey squares (aka Inductors). Take pictures of all points you measure and write your voltage readings into the picture so that i can understand it better.

The components (Inductors) that I am talking about look like this with different markings of course.

Put your meter to 20V DC. Like I illustrated a few posts above with the red arrow.
                        Last edited by KvnTM; 12-08-2019, 05:50 PM.

Comment

I did as you told me but it gives me no value remains 0.00
                          Attached Files

Comment

what could I do?

Comment

KvnTM sorry for the inconvenience ... I wanted to ask you how I could go on ... we solved the problem of resistance smoke and solved the problem of switching on the power led ... but the pc does not turn on ... I tried to do what you told me but it doesn't give me any value ... I have attached the photos in the previous posts ... what could I try?

Comment

KvnTM sorry for the inconvenience ... I wanted to ask you how I could go on ... we solved the problem of resistance smoke and solved the problem of switching on the power led ... but the pc does not turn on ... I tried to do what you told me but it doesn't give me any value ... I have attached the photos in the previous posts ... what could I try?
                                It looks like as if you are not measuring on the actual contacts of the inductor. You obviously have to measure on the metal contacts of the part. Not on the case. They all have only two contacts. It doesn't really matter which one you measure.

Do this for all inductors on the board and attach the volt readings. And I mention it again: Do this while the board is on (power led on).

Is your meter set to 20V DC ? Like I showed in one picture before.

Comment

yes I set the tester as you told me I have attached the photo and the inductor I measure it by touching with the red tip to one of the two metals of the inductor and the black on gnd or on the round of the screws ... I have also attached photos. .. I'm measuring it with the current or with the LED on

Comment

yes I set the tester as you told me I have attached the photo and the inductor I measure it by touching with the red tip to one of the two metals of the inductor and the black on gnd or on the round of the screws ... I have also attached photos. .. I'm measuring it with the current or with the LED on
                                    Now do this with all inductors on the board. Would be nice if you include the part designator for each inductor. It starts with L or PL with a number after that.

Comment

Pl19 only one component gives me a value of 0.64
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by antony.ag; 12-09-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Pl19 only one component gives me a value of 0.64
                                        This cant be. Are you 100% sure that the board was powered on during measuring?

Also: Please don‘t tell me you tried to start the board without ram. Put either one or both sticks in and try to turn it on again. The board can‘t do anything without it.

Comment

I am 100% sure ... I just tried it again I connected the current the led turns on and measured the inductors ... the only value is given to the component pl19 ... the other inductors the value ì 0.00 .. .i just tried to turn on the pc with the ram it turns on the power led but the pc doesn't start ... what i wonder is: the resistance smoked according to you is burnt out and is the resistance to not let the current reach the inductors? ?? I tried to measure the resistance with the tester and it brings me 23.8 ohm putting the black on the right and the red on the left of the resistance
                                          Last edited by antony.ag; 12-09-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X