HP 450 G1 Boot ask F1 continue F10 bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 450 G1 Boot ask F1 continue F10 bios

Hi, I got HP 450 G1 with boot problem always asking F1 continue F10 bios. I had bad battery on it and replace it with new one because it was giving me error 601. I was thinking that this F1 continue F10 BIOS has to do something with my bad battery, but when I replace it I was not having error 601 anymore but that message on boot with F1 continue F10 BIOS is still here. I tried to replace CMOS battery and reset bios, nothing. I tried to flash new BIOS but it already have latest one and I even tried to overwrite it, still same. Don't know what to do anymore. Does someone have any clue what this could be ?

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/...C%20and%20exit.

Go to your BIOS and select to load factory defaults -> save and exit. Does that work?

If you do select F1, does the unit continue to boot normally?

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      https://www.computerhope.com/issues/...C%20and%20exit.

Go to your BIOS and select to load factory defaults -> save and exit. Does that work?

If you do select F1, does the unit continue to boot normally?
      Did that too, doesn't help. When I select F1 it boots to windows normally.

Comment

Go into the BIOS and save changes (even though nothing has changed) -> reboot.

Comment

Go into the BIOS and save changes (even though nothing has changed) -> reboot.
          Did that too, still asking. But I noticed if I don't touch anything for 4-5 seconds it starts too boot into windows.
          Last edited by Thermaltake; 01-13-2024, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Check to see if you have an option in the bios for a FAST BOOT. Enable it if you do. Save and exit to retest.

Comment

Check to see if you have an option in the bios for a FAST BOOT. Enable it if you do. Save and exit to retest.

It's enabled, same thing.

Comment

Review the first answer here - perhaps the same as yours.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/prolian...p/td-p/4979272

You can disable "F1" from the advanced options in the system configuration utility. Press "F10" during POST process;
                when you see screen "System Configuration" press CTRL+A - you will have message like "advanced mode has now been enabled"
                Go to System Configuration->Configure hardware-> Review or modify hardware settings->View or edit Details-> under advanced features there is F1 boot prompt option.
                Last edited by Vesko356; 01-13-2024, 11:10 AM. Reason: Added quote from link

Comment

Not the same error. This user have problem with proliant, that's server. When I press F10(which is like I wrote beside that F1 options that pops on boot) laptop goes into BIOS, laptops and servers have two very very different BIOS from one another, and laptops don't have that option for CTRL+A to go in advanced mode.
                  Last edited by Thermaltake; 01-13-2024, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Found a problem.

Shorting touchpad, to be exact part where buttons are that electronic was bad and touchpad was not working for some reason. Now I replaced it with new one and it's working, and more F1 and F10 message.
                    Last edited by Thermaltake; 01-20-2024, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X