Overheating in Stress Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheating in Stress Test

Hello i have a problem, i have a laptopt Dell E5570 that in stress test without the battery it works good and not turn off.
    But when i conect the battery and made a stress test the cpu temperature go to 95º and turn off. I also was testing with a new battery and the problem is the same in stress test turn off with big cpu temperature (95-100º). What can be this?

maybe airflow

Comment

But without battery works good and not turn off...

Comment

Check the processor frequencies and how they change with the battery inserted. You can use HWinfo. Check if there is a turbo mode that is enabled with the battery inserted
        Last edited by jasko_jacker; 12-13-2023, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Ok I will check, its possible... i will check. Thanks.

Comment

i confirme, it was the turbo boost. I disabled and solve the problem. CPU Temperatures arrund 65ºC in stress test without turn off.

Comment

Originally posted by Inforgalaxie View Post
              i confirme, it was the turbo boost. I disabled and solve the problem. CPU Temperatures arrund 65ºC in stress test without turn off.
              u r not repair anything. cpu can overheat because of bad paste, leaked medium from heatpipe, ...

better turn off some core so u have full boost and with HT u dont need many cores for life.
              Last edited by ktmmotocross; 12-18-2023, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Modern CPUs should throttle when they reach their maximum rated temperature to keep it below the limit before turning off completely. Could still be another temp sensor going over limit (there should be a few on the board connected to the EC), a power delivery problem or an unstable CPU.
                OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Obviously when I advised if there was a problem with the turbo boost ( which is activated only with the battery inserted) it was to understand the problem, you can use software like throttlestop if replacing the paste doesn't solve the problem. However, from experience I think it is convenient to make changes to the frequencies rather than disabling cores. As mentioned, with programs like throttlestop you can greatly improve the situation without losing much in performance. Normally replacing the thermal paste ,if there has been prolonged overheating , does not solve the problem. However, to make changes to the frequencies or other settings you need experience and if by disabling the turboboost the temperatures are normal I wouldn't make any further attempts
                  Last edited by jasko_jacker; 12-18-2023, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X