Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp probook 430 g5

hello
    This laptop has a very strange behavior with Ram, the one installed was 8 gb is not working and gives me 3 long beeps with 2 short ones, so i tried a new one with no success, i tried 6 different kinds also with no success, only one 4 gigabyte made it boot and i made bios update to the latest version. but still cannot install any other ram:
    the one now installed is working on both slots, it is ddr4-3200, i tried ddr4-2400, ddr4-2666v ddr4-3200 8 giga with no success
    i inserted the working one with another one on the other slot, the laptop works but detect only 4 giga

Help in trade of a fresh zaatar pie.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...y/td-p/7613122

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Help in trade of a fresh zaatar pie.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...y/td-p/7613122
      hahaha, sure...🤣🤣🤣
      thank you very much, i already read that, but the strange thing is that the only working ddr4 on it is 3200, tried another 3200 with no success

Comment

I will suggest to test with the crucial brand that is approved for this unit. The onboard eeprom with timing parameters on each stick may be a key factor.

Comment

Replace the ram IC and there will be happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
            Replace the ram IC and there will be happiness.
            which ram ic do you mean? please

Comment

You have not mentioned the mb markings nor linked any schematics-so cant specify the memory controller. Motherboard is on your table and locating ram ic aka memory controller is not difficult. Look for IC markings and google them to find out which one is ram controller if schematic is not available..

Comment

Working...
              X