Toshiba Tecra OS issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Tecra OS issue

So I have a Toshiba tecra R950. The issue is if you install fresh OS (UEFI) on fresh SSD it doesnt boot after successful install. Throws an error "insert system disk" . IF you install in MBR, it will ONLY boot to external display.There is no display on laptop screen. Tried several combinations, BIOS available here but no Luck yet. Has anyone faced something like this ? The current BIOS version in 6.6 on the system. On the toshiba website there the latest in 6.9 but I dont see any dump available with the latest version. Please enlighten me on this if anyone has a clue.

Re: Toshiba Tecra OS issue

Why not just update it to 6.90 using Toshiba's EN-2017-001022-002-BIOS.exe ?
    better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Originally posted by pfrcom View Post
      Why not just update it to 6.90 using Toshiba's EN-2017-001022-002-BIOS.exe ?
      I tried that as well ..upon running the update "Pc not supported" . Toshiba is crazy. ( This is done with the help of external display since there is no display on the screen )

Comment

Here's a dump on this site:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...35&postcount=1
        better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Thanks but this is version 6.4 and I have used it and the issue remains the same when CSM mode is made active , there is no display on screen. Does anyone have version 6.9 version or know the actual reason behind this.

Comment

FWIW you can EN-2017-001022-002-BIOS.EXE /EXTRACT

But Dog knows what you need to run from the extracted files

As you observed: "Toshiba is crazy"

If mine, I'd try Win7 32-bit and see if the BIOS update works with that

Comment

Working...
            X