Acer A315-34-P1SQ Huaqin NB8609 Rose GL NB8609 MB Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer A315-34-P1SQ Huaqin NB8609 Rose GL NB8609 MB Fault

Any help would be aprreciated on the following (Apollogises for any language related mistakes).

As the title states I have a Aspire a315-34 with a NB8609_PCB_MB_V4 board. The laptop does not powers on. I have 5V present on L1 and 3.3V on L2. When I plug in the charger, I see, with the thermal camera, that L8 mosfet rises temperature, cools down and then the ethernet controler glows.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be helpful.

Schematic ---> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...55#post1216455
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vesko356; 06-26-2023, 01:20 PM. Reason: Added platform name and link to the schematic.

Re: Acer A315-34-P1SQ Fault

Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Check the resistance to ground of L8.

Comment

mon2 thank u for spending time reading & posting.

Measurements are:

Vin floating between kΩ and MΩ
      ΕΝ: 162kΩ
      PGOOD: 9.9kΩ
      VCC: 1,54MΩ
      LDO3:0.78MΩ
      FF:19.15kΩ
      BOOT: 14.7MΩ
      LX (INDUCTOR): 78Ω
      VOUT:78.2Ω

Comment

Can you link the schematic if available in the schematic forum?
        VOUT:78.2Ω
        This is a low resistance but may be normal if the regulator is with a low output voltage.

Comment

Thank u for following. I cannot say I really understand. Unfortunately, the schematic is not available in the forum (i think only the cad file I was able to find). I was able to find it from another source however but as a newbie I need to read how to understand it (lots of videos and reading).
          Attached Files

Comment

Post the topside markings of the mosfet that is heating up so we can locate the same in the schematic.

Comment

Originally posted by menderland View Post
              Unfortunately, the schematic is not available in the forum (i think only the cad file I was able to find). I was able to find it from another source...
              If the schematic for your machine is not available here at Badcaps but you are able find it elsewhere, you can share it at the Schematic sub-section, and link the thread to this topic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.​
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

mon2 photo attached
                Attached Files

Comment

vesko356 hello. schematic is viewed by web explorer as is someones shared drive file. no download or print is available.

Comment

I think that we are referencing the same schematic but mine is locked to the paid viewer and service.

The part that is heating up is not a mosfet but the actual switching regulator IC @ PU202. The output inductor is @ PL201 and is nearby the same part.

This leg of the circuit is supposed to output 3v3 (+V3P3A) and this resistance is low for this voltage.

This low resistance could be linked to a defective capacitor or perhaps even the main CPU.

Would you have an adjustable power supply that can output 1 volts ? What is the max current supported by the power supply ?

Comment

vesko356 hello. schematic is viewed by web explorer as is someones shared drive file. no download or print is available.
                      Share the link here.

Comment

mon2 I have an adjustable power supply with max current of 5A.

Comment

schematic diagram file for Acer A315 Huaqin NB8609 Rose GL NB8609 MB
                          link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1555...74lSlwD4y/view

Comment

schematic diagram file for Acer A315 Huaqin NB8609 Rose GL NB8609 MB
                            link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1555...74lSlwD4y/view
                            It's available at the Schematic sub-section ---> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...55#post1216455
                            I'll add the link in post #1

Comment

Re: Acer A315-34-P1SQ Acer A315 Huaqin NB8609 Rose GL NB8609 MB Fault

Remove all power / no battery.

Dial up the DC power supply to 1 volt (not higher) and max current you can support.

Inject this DC power supply rail (red lead) onto the inductor you noted as Vout = PL201. Black lead to ground.

As you do this, someone should heat up. Locate the component that is heating up. Ideally it will be a bad / partially shorted capacitor. Do also review if the CPU is warming up under this setup.

Comment

Re: Acer A315-34-P1SQ Huaqin NB8609 Rose GL NB8609 MB Fault

mon2 tnx for keeping up. 21mA are drawn and nothing heats up (thermal camera).

Comment

Ok. Current is too low to heat up the component.

Carefully, measure the voltage to ground of pin # 6 = EN (for enable) on PU202.

We want to know if this power rail is being enabled or not as it heats up.

Also, what is the voltage to ground at

a) Vout = PL201 inductor ?

b) V3P3A_VCC = pin # 9 (Vcc) of PU202 = power rail for this switching regulator

Comment

EN Voltage:3.250V(pin #6)
                                    PL201:3.271 V
                                    VCC:3.256 V

Comment

Working...
                                    X