Lenovo ideapad 330S ARR-15 high consumption reach 2.1A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo ideapad 330S ARR-15 high consumption reach 2.1A

good afternoon, I have a lenovo ideapad 330s arr-15, it was working normally and suddenly turned off.

I did not turn on or connected, or to disconnect the battery bios, or only with the battery, nor any light on.

I uncovered it, and did not see anything strange, I did a test injecting 3v to 2a and nothing was heated, then I went to 5v 2a and one of the capacitors was heated c6705, I changed it for a new one along with the one that was next to it, the c6703.

after this procedure, the power button indicator light bulb lit white for a few seconds and then turned off, the display does not turn on and the fan does not rotate.

I did the voltage injection test again and none of the components got hot.

the consumption connecting the 19v charger, reaches 1.6 to 2.1a.

Injecting voltage with a 3.7v battery, it reaches 1.6a.

the fuses mark 19v and go to 0 immediately.

I need help to repair my laptop, if you need a photo tell me, and I upload it so you can help me.

Re: Lenovo ideapad 330S ARR-15 high consumption reach 2.1A

It helps when you mention MB markings. Injecting such high voltage is something i dont consider corrrect. Where did you inject 5V? I'm afraid you may have killed SOC.

Comment

Thanks for response. I have injected that voltage in main line of 19V, precisely at the input fuse. Please i need some help

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...02&postcount=2
        OpenBoardView ā€” https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations, i know that voltage of 5v was so high and NEVER gonna do it again, and these "What not to do" list will be applied from now on. but please, i need some help. Thanks

Comment

I have tried pressing the bios reset button at left side , no changes. But the white light indicator turns on for 5 secs.

Comment

I beleive its alost case already but measure resistance(no power connected) to GND in ohms mode on all coils and post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                I beleive its alost case already but measure resistance(no power connected) to GND in ohms mode on all coils and post it here.
                I have checked every coil with both cables of the multimeter. COM and red are values depending on which side is touching the component.

L6300: 86 com - red 197 (near to CPU)
                The following coils are near to the battery
                L6100: 50 com - red 192
                L5901 (this one showsa value but dissapear ) - L6002 - L6001: no value com - red

Comment

I have measured the coils near to CPU , again and putting the references in my board, the previous references are from a boardview from similar model and doesnt match with my board

closer to CPU
                  L6300 189
                  LC7 10.7
                  LC6 10.7
                  LG7 10.4
                  far

Between baterry and RAM stick
                  Left side
                  L5901-L6001-L6002: 1
                  L4557:187
                  right side

Comment

I could'nt understand your resistance measurements. Put black probe to GND and red probe to coil and set meter to 200 Ohms scale(if it doesnt show reading, increase it to 20K-200K).

Post the measurements with coil number mentioned. You are yet to mention the Motherboard marking.
                    Last edited by mcplslg123; 04-11-2023, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                      I could'nt understand your resistance measurements. Put black probe to GND and red probe to coil and set meter to 200 Ohms scale(if it doesnt show reading, increase it to 20K-200K).

Post the measurements with coil number mentioned. You are yet to mention the Motherboard marking.
                      The motherboard's making was specified in the first line of this post, but i going to write it here again: Lenovo IdeaPad 330s ARR-15.

When I change the scale on the multimeter, I get different results, so I prefer to take some pictures and upload them to better visualize the situation.

One of the oils doesn't have any measurements on any scale, and that was the right top coil in the pictures.

If you require any additional information, please inquire.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Lenovo ideapad 330S is model number and not motherboard marking. I think its 330S-KBL motherboard.

The resistance on VCOre circuit seems fine. The coil which is not showing any reading is 'coz its resistance is out of limit with your multimeter settings. If you increase the multimeter resistance to 200K or higher scale, that coil too would show rating.

Anyway, find out the coil for 3V and 5V. I think they are two put side by side near ram socket. If thats corrrect, you may have short on one of these coils.

PS: Schematic is available on forum. Just search 330S-KBL.

Comment

The motherboard marking could be P&Q 1823 cm-4 94V-0 E162264 . The schematic called by you, is very similar to my board.

The coil which is not showing any reading I have tried with every scale of my multimeter and doesnƂĀ“t change the value in screen ( I have assured black cable in ground and red cable in the coil)

The green area is empty, but , when i was soldering the cap so near to this point, a drop of soldering joined PGND and AGND, the schematic marks a part SH3 but in this model the part is not soldered here from factory.

The red zones are the two coils you mentioned before, they are connected with the U6001 and U6002 components.

Something for highlight: with the charger connected (19v) , black cable in ground and i put the red cable in the place of SH3 (from factory is empty but schematic mark a component) this place makes a sparks , i did only 1 time. I finded it because was measuring voltages around the area.

Edit: PS The green square in image 1 and 2 are the FH3 area mentioned.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Rhoemer89; 04-13-2023, 01:18 AM. Reason: Adding the aclaration of highlight in images

Comment

Confirm the resistance to GND on L6001/L6002 again. Resistance should be measured without power. L6001 stands for 5V and L6002 stands for 3V. Low resistance on either of these coil indicated problem. So just make sure your measuremnt is correct.

Comment

I have measured these coils again. These are the values
                              Attached Files

Comment

So one of the coils 1105 Ohms(1.1K) and the other 1748 ohms(1.7K). Please confirm these readings stands for which coil. In other words 1.1K stands for L6001 or L6002?

Remove both the coils from motherboard and then measure resistance to gnd on both the pads of each coil. Dont forget to mention coil number and pad pin number.

Btw, Do you have a dc power supply?

Comment

L6002 = IMG_20230413_162640.jpg and IMG_20230413_162652.jpg = 1106 Ohms - 1105 Ohms
                                  L6001 = IMG_20230413_162705.jpg and IMG_20230413_162715.jpg = 1748 Ohms - 1745 Ohms

These are the reading specified by references and pictures here. Let me remove the coils and update the info gathered

Comment

I have measured resistance to ground on both the pads of each coil:

L6002
                                    IMG_20230414_100542.jpg : 1741
                                    IMG_20230414_100550.jpg : 1089

L6001
                                    IMG_20230414_100600.jpg : 1678
                                    IMG_20230414_100607.jpg : 1

The general image shows the values for each joint
                                    Attached Files

Comment

L6001
                                      IMG_20230414_100607.jpg : 1 This may be 'coz value is out of limit set on DMM. Increase the DMM settings to 200K and measure again.

The readings are puzzling. Going by your readings you have short on both producer and consumer side of L6002.

Remove U6001 & U6002 from motherboard and check resistance to GND on L6001/L6002-both pads again. No power should be attached while U6001/U6002 is removed from motherboard.

Comment

I have measured again the pad, for setting of 200K = 152.

Pending: remove U6001 & U6002.

Edit: I donĀ“t have dc power supply.
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Rhoemer89; 04-15-2023, 12:25 AM. Reason: Answering a previous question from the member

Comment

Working...
                                        X