Asus L510MA/E410MA can't turn on with keyboard powerbutton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus L510MA/E410MA can't turn on with keyboard powerbutton

It's an Asus L510MA-DB02 with E410MA R2.1 motherboard. Its turn on when I unplugged the battery, and plugged the charger. But can't turn on with keyboard power button. The rest keyboard buttons working. I'm trying to find the board view for this motherboard but can't find it.

Please help me to find the power button path. Or if you have the diagram and schematic would be great.

Thanks in advance..
    Attached Files

Re: Asus L510MA/E410MA can't turn on with keyboard powerbutton

Originally posted by acata View Post
    It's an Asus L510MA-DB02 with E410MA R2.1 motherboard. Its turn on when I unplugged the battery, and plugged the charger. But can't turn on with keyboard power button. The rest keyboard buttons working. I'm trying to find the board view for this motherboard but can't find it.

Please help me to find the power button path. Or if you have the diagram and schematic would be great.

Thanks in advance..
    could be just a broken power button (bad traces). this is very common. try to power it on via tweezers on the kbc connector. most likely the signal is located on the left or right side of this connector. you can safely short every pin to ground, but measure them first. the pwr button signal mostly has 3.3 v.
    Last edited by rediii; 04-04-2023, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rediii View Post
      could be just a broken power button (bad traces). this is very common. try to power it on via tweezers on the kbc connector. most likely the signal is located on the left or right side of this connector. you can safely short every pin to ground, but measure them first. the pwr button signal mostly has 3.3 v.
      Thank you for helping me.. I will continue to measure it and i will post the result..

Comment

In case of asus, power button is uaually not on left or right of the KBD connector-it lies somewhere in the middle and is usually marked by ink on the connector itself.

Comment

Originally posted by rediii View Post
          Thank you for your assistance.

After measurements without schematic. I found the power pad on the KBC. Here i attached the image.

The problems is on the keyboard it self. Although the other buttons work fine. But the power button is broken.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by acata View Post
            Thank you for your assistance.

After measurements without schematic. I found the power pad on the KBC. Here i attached the image.

The problems is on the keyboard it self. Although the other buttons work fine. But the power button is broken.
            okay, very nice

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
              In case of asus, power button is uaually not on left or right of the KBD connector-it lies somewhere in the middle and is usually marked by ink on the connector itself.
              pardon right or left area, i wasn't specific enough :p

Comment

Working...
              X