No announcement yet.

Dell Vostro 5490 Not turning on. Orange LED when power button pressed only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Vostro 5490 Not turning on. Orange LED when power button pressed only

With battery - Power button does not bring up Orange LED. Does not turn on either.

However Power Button: FPR_SSO_SW# has 2.99 - and it does drop to 0 when power button pressed and held.

Comment

Replaced with another ISL9538HRTZ, no difference.

Comment

With new battery,is it charging now?? PS_ID present??

Comment

PS_ID 3.31 measured at EC4311.
          I don't think battery is charging. As it stays at 12.58 at point PR4407.

Comment

I have many Genuine Dell all the same + Tried a 90W Compatible works on other Dells and detected well in BIOS, all the same issues. So Chargers, Battery, Charge Controller ISL CHIP are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sikocan View Post
              PS_ID 3.31 measured at EC4311.
              I don't think battery is charging. As it stays at 12.58 at point PR4407.
              Voltage at PR4407 will remain the same even if its charging. Thats not the indicator whether its charging or not. If you have a dc supply, then you can observe the consumption and confirm whether its charging or not.

Comment

Not charging. I've uploaded 6 photos for your reference:
                https://photos.app.goo.gl/ffZzLP4wJ3Krcxdj6

Comment

Hi all, I've uploaded a short video showing weird behaviour of Battery coil with and without battery.

https://youtu.be/1odmLELSR4M

Comment

Check R4310 and RN4302.
                    RN4302 pin 1, 4 voltage to ground when machine is turned on?
                    Last edited by carrneiro; 02-03-2023, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Hi there,

R4310 measures 100ohms as per schematics. 97kOhms to ground without any power on board. Both sides when battery only is in is 0V. With charger in 0v.

RN4310 resistance/voltage
                      Pin 1 13.7k / 0v (with battery) / 3.34v with charger and battery, remains same when power button is pressed down.
                      Pin 2 14.3k / 0v (with battery) / 3.34v with charger and battery, remains same when power button is pressed down.
                      Pin 3 14.3k / 0v (with battery) / 3.34v with charger and battery, remains same when power button is pressed down.
                      Pin 4 14.4k / 0v (with battery) / 3.34v with charger and battery, remains same when power button is pressed down.

Comment

Working...
                      X