Dell Wyse 5070 3 LED blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Wyse 5070 3 LED blinks

Hi there! I'm having some problems with some Dell Wyse 5070 ThinClients. We have a lot of clients laying around which need, according to the blinks of the orange LED (3 Blink, pause, 3 Blink = BIOS Recovery image not found), a cleaned BIOS. I have dumped the BIOS from a fully working Wyse 5070 and flashed one broken Wyse 5070, but unfortunately, it didn't really work. The LED is white which means it's powered on, but as soon as it gives output to all USB ports, it blinks orange again. What should I do in this case?

The chip is a Winbond W25Q128FWSG, 1,8V.

I hope that there is a way to revive these.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Dell Wyse 5070 3 LED blinks

Originally posted by noTurner View Post
    Hi there! I'm having some problems with some Dell Wyse 5070 ThinClients. We have a lot of clients laying around which need, according to the blinks of the orange LED (3 Blink, pause, 3 Blink = BIOS Recovery image not found), a cleaned BIOS. I have dumped the BIOS from a fully working Wyse 5070 and flashed one broken Wyse 5070, but unfortunately, it didn't really work. The LED is white which means it's powered on, but as soon as it gives output to all USB ports, it blinks orange again. What should I do in this case?

The chip is a Winbond W25Q128FWSG, 1,8V.

I hope that there is a way to revive these.

Thanks!
    The file is TXE Configured, that's mean it didn't used before.
    Your dump file is from the working machine or the broken one?
    Also try this file.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
      The file is TXE Configured, that's mean it didn't used before.
      Your dump file is from the working machine or the broken one?
      Also try this file.
      Hey, thanks for the answer! It's from the working machine, as I couldn't dump the broken one for some reason. It couldn't read it's contents properly. But now, it has the dump from the working one and I also verified the chip contents using ch341a software. I'll try that file tomorrow. What did you modify specifically?

Thanks again!

Comment

Hey, thanks for the answer! It's from the working machine, as I couldn't dump the broken one for some reason. It couldn't read it's contents properly. But now, it has the dump from the working one and I also verified the chip contents using ch341a software. I'll try that file tomorrow. What did you modify specifically?

Thanks again!
        I have replaced the old bios region using the latest version that provided by Dell.
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        >>>>>

Comment

I have replaced the old bios region using the latest version that provided by Dell.

Ah okay, one more question.. is it really necessary to verify chip content after flashing?

Thanks again!

Comment

Ah okay, one more question.. is it really necessary to verify chip content after flashing?

Thanks again!
            Yes, it's important to be sure that the programming process done correctly.
            >>>>>

Comment

Yes, it's important to be sure that the programming process done correctly.
              And which programmer software is the best? Using a cheap CH341A.

Comment

And which programmer software is the best? Using a cheap CH341A.
                NeoProgrammer works fine, or you can search and find a better one.
                >>>>>

Comment

Hi! It didn't work, it's still the same. Looking for BIOS update image, but it's turned on. No display.

Comment

Ok, so it worked now and we got a picture, I'm able to access the BIOS and so on. But we can't use Wyse Imaging tool. It tells me that there is no security key set (wrong one) and that the platform architecture is not matching. I mean.. we are configuring all clients with this tool..

Any way to solve that? I'm sure it has to do something with the BIOS.

But thanks for reviving it.

Comment

Any solution for this issue? Are there any BIOS regions storing the service tag or security keys? I mean, it's showing a picture but I can't get it imaged which leads us to a "non-functional" thin client.

Thanks!

Comment

@hardware1 is it possible to use an older BIOS version such as 1.3.1? I could dump an even older BIOS version from another thin client.

Comment

I got a dump for BIOS version 1.1.3. Flashed it on the broken ThinClient, now I have a white LED without any display output. Here's the dump. Anyone able to clean it for me?

Thanks!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Any solution for this issue? Are there any BIOS regions storing the service tag or security keys? I mean, it's showing a picture but I can't get it imaged which leads us to a "non-functional" thin client.

Thanks!
                            I'm not aware about thin client device, I don't know how it does work or what's the different between it and the normal PCs. If you want to move your old service tag to the new bios file, you should have the original bios backup.
                            >>>>>

Comment

I'm not aware about thin client device, I don't know how it does work or what's the different between it and the normal PCs. If you want to move your old service tag to the new bios file, you should have the original bios backup.
                              It works like a PC, but we put a ThinOS image on it to run properly. It also lets me to enter my Service tag, so no worries. But unfortunately, it is in need of some security key I don't know about. That's why I wanted to use 1.1.3 BIOS to try it out again. Can you do that for me? Or is it really necessary to use the newest BIOS?

Thanks!

Comment

Is there any way to extract 1.18.0 BIOS from this exe?

For reviving another ThinClient which has 3 LED blinks.. Service Tag: B9N45P2

Thanks!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Hi hoaca388, here is the corrupt BIOS.

Thanks!
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-25-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Dell Wyse 5070 - BIOS needed

Hey there!

I need a cleaned bin for this Dell Wyse Thin Client.

Service Tag: B9N45P2

Corrupt BIOS uploaded.

Thanks!
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Is the attachment visible? xD

Comment

Re: Dell Wyse 5070 - BIOS needed

Oh, the motherboard works, I can even charge devices using the USB-C port. It's just the BIOS having issues.

Comment

Working...
                                        X