HP ProDesk 400 G6 Small Form Factor PC bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP ProDesk 400 G6 Small Form Factor PC bios

This is the bios file?? Generated by using the bios update tool and saved on usb stick.

Comment

Originally posted by seppthefrapp View Post
      This is the bios file?? Generated by using the bios update tool and saved on usb stick.
      Using a programmer for read your bios chip and post result here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hey! Now i get it. Can you help?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by seppthefrapp View Post
          Hey! Now i get it. Can you help?
          Use a programmer to read your bios chip, save the read file in *.bin or *.rom format, unlocking must be done on the locked bios file itself, don't try to post the unzipped file from HP support site it's not a complete bios file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi All, I'm glad I found this thread. I also have a (9AG50AV) prodesk g6 400 mini. It does not have the pswd jumper pins even though there is a pswd area there. My bios is password locked. Reading the replies. Do I need to physically take off the BIOS chip and put It into a circuit chip reader of some sort? Please let me know how to do this. TiA

Comment

Please help me to unlock this BIOS password please. Thanks
              HP ProDesk 400 G6
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by narsil View Post
                Please help me to unlock this BIOS password please. Thanks
                HP ProDesk 400 G6
                Here's your Unlocked BIOS, in the first boot go to BIOS Menu and disable security options (Disable).

If the Password still present, see if there is another chip (EC) and upload its content here, it could be 16MB or 32MB.
                Attached Files
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                all donations are welcome,
                see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                >>>>>
                click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                  Here's your Unlocked BIOS, in the first boot go to BIOS Menu and disable security options (Disable).

If the Password still present, see if there is another chip (EC) and upload its content here, it could be 16MB or 32MB.
                  Thank you
                  He's working

Comment

What exact programmer have any of use used to extract the bios?
                    I see a lot of SOP 8 PIN tutorials with the CH341A but not a lot of regarding the SOP 16 PIN.
                    Last edited by soup; 07-03-2023, 06:11 AM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Originally posted by soup View Post
                      What exact programmer have any of use used to extract the bios?
                      I see a lot of SOP 8 PIN tutorials with the CH341A but not a lot of regarding the SOP 16 PIN.
                      CH341A can handle the SOP16 package, but you need a special adapter that convert from SOP16 to SOP8, search for it and will see.
                      Also you can solder the chip to the small board that came with the programmer, it has SOP16 footprint and 8 pins.
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                      >>>>>

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, I tried looking for a SOP16 to SOP8 adapter but haven't found one. Also, I'd (if possible) rather use the clip method.
                        I ordered the kit https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B08HP4X326?...roduct_details and the following clip https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B099X51S1M?...roduct_details

Not sure if this is sufficient?

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, I tried looking for a SOP16 to SOP8 adapter but haven't found one. Also, I'd (if possible) rather use the clip method.
                          I ordered the kit https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B08HP4X326?...roduct_details and the following clip https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B099X51S1M?...roduct_details

Not sure if this is sufficient?
                          The Adapter and the board are already within the kit. I don't prefer to use clip because it gives you errors most of the time.
                          Attached Files
                          >>>>>

Comment

The Adapter and the board are already within the kit. I don't prefer to use clip because it gives you errors most of the time.
                            I see. I'll give the 16 pin prong a chance and see if it works out.
                            Are you by any chance aware of what exact chip it runs?
                            I made a picture of the chip, but can't find a lot about it.

The Product No. of the 400 G6 I got is a 1C6Y8EA#ABH.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-03-2023, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I see. I'll give the 16 pin prong a chance and see if it works out.
                              Are you by any chance aware of what exact chip it runs?
                              I made a picture of the chip, but can't find a lot about it.

The Product No. of the 400 G6 I got is a 1C6Y8EA#ABH.
                              From its number it should be (256Mbit/32MB, 3.3v). If your programmer can't detect it, you can choose "GD25Q256" and see if that will help or not.
                              >>>>>

Comment

From its number it should be (256Mbit/32MB, 3.3v). If your programmer can't detect it, you can choose "GD25Q256" and see if that will help or not.
                                So I just finished extracting the data.

Any chance you can have a look at it?

I have a spare 400 G6 But with slightly different mobo chip.
                                Any idea It's wise to copy it from the working (bios chip) one to the non-functional 400 g6?

Edit:

Check the other motherboard.

Both chips are the GigaDevice 25B256DF1G.

Only difference:
                                Non functional has the UE7712 / AH2025 under it and the functional one has UHK914 / AJ2204.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by soup; 07-04-2023, 02:06 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

So I just finished extracting the data.

Any chance you can have a look at it?

I have a spare 400 G6 But with slightly different mobo chip.
                                  Any idea It's wise to copy it from the working (bios chip) one to the non-functional 400 g6?

Edit:

Check the other motherboard.

Both chips are the GigaDevice 25B256DF1G.

Only difference:
                                  Non functional has the UE7712 / AH2025 under it and the functional one has UHK914 / AJ2204.
                                  Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know.

Serial Number: 8CC1123CN7.
                                  Attached Files
                                  >>>>>

Comment

Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know.

Serial Number: 8CC1123CN7.

Sorry for the late reply, I was waiting for a new ch341a to arrive.
                                    I ordered the new 1.7 version with the voltage selection. Weirdly enough i'm now unable to read it using the GD25Q256.

It now autodetects the chip as AT24C01_7bits 3.3v 1 Kbits in size.

Comment

So I tried it again but on the xx25 pins, got detected and able to read from it.
                                      When I try to write you .bin it give me the follow https://i.imgur.com/ApkEZ9O.png.

Comment

So I tried it again but on the xx25 pins, got detected and able to read from it.
                                        When I try to write you .bin it give me the follow https://i.imgur.com/ApkEZ9O.png.
                                        Why you didn't use the same Programmer that you have already used to read the file from post #35?

I think if you want to use "CH341A v1.7", you will need to choose "CH341 Green" in NeoProgrammer.
                                        Attached Files
                                        >>>>>

Comment

Why you didn't use the same Programmer that you have already used to read the file from post #35?

I think if you want to use "CH341A v1.7", you will need to choose "CH341 Green" in NeoProgrammer.
                                          After reading I had realized I had the CH341a version with the 5volt issue.
                                          Sadly the iron failed during soldering.

I just finished writing the .bin you had provided but the mobo indicates a invalid firmware with 5 long beeps and 2 short.

Comment

Working...
                                          X