Fujitsu Esprimo D9012 (D4022 mobo)

Make: Fujitsu Esprimo
    Model: D9012
    Mobo: D4022-A1x
    BIOS chip: XMC 25RH256CXIQ
    Serial: EIDT001784
    Programmer: CH341a with 3.3v mod

hi all,

I suffered a power outage when updating bios and bricked the machine, no recovery possible. then i made a pretty big mistake by erasing the bios chip with my CH341a before getting a proper read and verify. fujitsu provide a BIOS "admin pack" to recover with which contains a stock .ROM file however this file is approx 64mb which is twice the size of the bios chip. any help is greatly appreciated, many thanks.

the bios pack was too big to attach so the link is: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Index...1-D9DFE189914B

Re: Fujitsu Esprimo D9012 (D4022 mobo)

Originally posted by gbb4m View Post
    Make: Fujitsu Esprimo
    Model: D9012
    Mobo: D4022-A1x
    BIOS chip: XMC 25RH256CXIQ
    Serial: EIDT001784
    Programmer: CH341a with 3.3v mod

hi all,

I suffered a power outage when updating bios and bricked the machine, no recovery possible. then i made a pretty big mistake by erasing the bios chip with my CH341a before getting a proper read and verify. fujitsu provide a BIOS "admin pack" to recover with which contains a stock .ROM file however this file is approx 64mb which is twice the size of the bios chip. any help is greatly appreciated, many thanks.

the bios pack was too big to attach so the link is: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Index...1-D9DFE189914B
    The extracted bios update is 48MB ,the bios must be split across 2 chips.What is the bios chip part number the one that you erased ? . Find the other chip if you can,make a backup and post it here,and for gawds sake don`t erase it .

Edit: you might be able to recover it by flashing from efi , look in the efi folder for the instructions.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      The extracted bios update is 48MB ,the bios must be split across 2 chips.What is the bios chip part number the one that you erased ? . Find the other chip if you can,make a backup and post it here,and for gawds sake don`t erase it .

Edit: you might be able to recover it by flashing from efi , look in the efi folder for the instructions.

hi, the one i erased is the main chip, XMC 25RH256CXIQ. the secondary chip is XMC 25RH128CWIQ but I'm unable to read it right now because my pogo pins are too large. i got several different reads on the main chip before erasing it which i have attached, but i'm not sure if any of it is readable. thanks again.

the system was dead after the failed flash so no options aside from this unfortunately.
      Last edited by gbb4m; 10-09-2023, 09:46 AM.

Comment

hi, the one i erased is the main chip, XMC 25RH256CXIQ. the secondary chip is XMC 25RH128CWIQ but I'm unable to read it right now because my pogo pins are too large. i got several different reads on the main chip before erasing it which i have attached, but i'm not sure if any of it is readable. thanks again.

the system was dead after the failed flash so no options aside from this unfortunately.
        They`re all different and a real mess,nothing can be read,such as the DMI, serial number and embedded key. At this point i`d recommend desoldering both chips and make backups again (if the erase didn`t work) ,its possible you could get a better backup.If the DMI could be read its usually a quick copy/paste with a hex editor from the backup to the new one.

If you`re not fussed about the DMI or windows i`ll post the virgin bios.

Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-09-2023, 09:08 AM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

They`re all different and a real mess,nothing can be read,such as the DMI, serial number and embedded key. At this point i`d recommend desoldering both chips and make backups again (if the erase didn`t work) ,its possible you could get a better backup.If the DMI could be read its usually a quick copy/paste with a hex editor from the backup to the new one.

If you`re not fussed about the DMI or windows i`ll post the virgin bios.

hi, the virgin bios would be great please. many thanks for your help.

Comment

hi, the virgin bios would be great please. many thanks for your help.
            I`ve attached both .
            Attached Files

Comment

I`ve attached both .
              excellent, I will try flashing this later on, thank you so much for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X