I have problem on imac 20 inch 2007 A A1224 diagnostic led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have problem on imac 20 inch 2007 A A1224 diagnostic led

I have problem on imac 20 inch 2007 A A1224 diagnostic led number 4 off.
    How to test lcd converter?

Re: I have problem on imac 20 inch 2007 A A1224 diagnostic led

What is the history of this unit ?

Did it just fail one day upon power up? Or has someone been inside this box already ?

Review the LCD (LVDS) mating connectors on the logic board and the cable itself. Be sure that they are not faulty. Post clear pictures of the LCD connector and cable contacts.

In the past, have seen connectors like this disconnect as they are very fragile. This review was on other iMACs and believe they are called PEX connectors. They are available from many sources if they need to be replaced and fairly easy to swap out with a hot air tool. For our case, assorted techs were inside and we found the LVDS connector on the logic board to be not mating with the LVDS cable AND the LCD side had cracked contacts so 50% of the LCD was darker than the other half. I have documented this case somewhere on this forum and the repair but it was for A1418 iMAC.

If practical, you can buy LVDS based LCD testers for the iMAC series off Aliexpress. Be sure to inform the vendor on what you are trying to test.

Comment

Re: I have problem on imac 20 inch 2007 A A1224 diagnostic led

The GPU of the graphics card can cause this failure too.

Comment

Working...
      X