Rosewill 17" 2 seconds to black, replaced caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rosewill 17" 2 seconds to black, replaced caps

under that regard, both are working fine. The resistance is over 100 anyway I probed it. forward and backward between every combination of the 3 pins.

Comment

Originally posted by meanderer View Post
      under that regard, both are working fine. The resistance is over 100 anyway I probed it. forward and backward between every combination of the 3 pins.
      So if I recall properly, we have tested the following and they seem to be good.

1) caps replaced
      2) transistors test okay
      3) fuses are okay
      4) transformers are not open
      5) CCFLs are good because the initially it would stay on every 3rd power up

If the above is correct, it might be time to monitor the BA9741F that you were asking about in post #1.

I'm a bit inexperienced in this area, but it involves measuring the voltages in and out/to and from that chip.

The datasheet is at

--- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

just a quick update to this situation:

I tried some generic inverter boards from China, they don't work with the power supplied from the LCD main board. Since I have no other tools to test, I am giving this one up and reselling it on ebay. meanwhile I have been using it myself by powering the top CCFL's with a case mod light kit. They got so hot that the plastic casing itself has deformed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2214wt_1071

Also the main board suffered a burn at the inverter power line. I don't know when it happened.

Comment

Working...
        X