Dell E178FPb ~10 seconds to black.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell E178FPb ~10 seconds to black.

Have a dell here that when turn on with pc makes it to logon screen (10-20 seconds) then goes black. the power light is still green though.

I have taken it apart, firstly looking for bad caps, and tested esr in series and found them all between .009 and .3 ohms.

i'm not entirely sure how the ccfl works. cant i just try 1 at a time?, but not having one plugged in makes the shutoff time 2 seconds rather than 10 or so.
    i have made up 4 cfl test lamps using 14w cfls, but am not sure with which order/series to test in.

Pics attached.

Update: did a little cfl testing. all 4 cfls plugged in stays on for more than 10 seconds. started plugging in backlights one by one and ended up with cfl plugged into CN802 and the other 3 plugged in to the backlights. (sorry for the upside down image).
    side question: why do all the backlights quit when one isnt present or working?

so what do i do? buy a single backlight? checked ebay for the model # but doesnt come up with anything, is there special model numbers for backlights?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jasonbay13; 03-29-2015, 04:13 PM.

Re: Dell E178FPb ~10 seconds to black.

Ok, took the monitor apart and took out the lamp assembly. measured the lamps and bought them off some place in CA. desoldered the old ones, put the new ones on and put it all back together. pressed the power button (after i go the button to work), it came right on and stayed on.

Yay, working monitor again.

Comment

Working...
    X