Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony vaio laptop display strange error

hi to all,
    i have a really weird problem with my sony vaio notebook display. I don't know if i should ask in laptop and notebook section or here, btw i hope some moderators will move it if needed.
    Main problem is that display seems to have FEW colors, and shades of colors are not as they should. I did some images of defect.
    Also,I connected an external monitor and image is ok. So i think video card can be removed from suspected.
    My doubts are about display screen and/or connector between mainboard and display.
    The other piece involved is inverter, but i started pc removing data cable part and leaving only inverter connectd: i had a full blank screen so i think this piece cannot give this type of fault.
    I hope someone can help me to understand for sure if it is display or not. (to avoid an useless expense)
    Thanks in advance to all
    Attached Files

Re: Sony vaio laptop display strange error

hy!
    you can move the cable when its on.you need to have the whole cable outside in order to see in what zone its broken.

i saw this type of problem with screen but it was not compatible HD and Full HD
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Re: Sony vaio laptop display strange error

hi mate, thanks for your answer!
      i just found from my junkyard an old display compatible with mine! And once replaced i have the same fault! So i can remove lcd display too...
      Now i hope is something related with cable, otherwise should mean that is something between video card and its connector on the board, right?

Comment

Working...
      X