Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus VW246H strange start up/no picture

Hi all!

I pulled an Asus VW246H out of the recycle bin at work. The symptoms: connect to computer with either VGA or HDMI, turn on monitor, ASUS logo comes on, screen goes blank for a couple of seconds, a rectangular dialog box appears with "<a" in the middle for a couple of seconds and then the screen goes blank again. It does not display anything from the computer. By pressing with the buttons on the front I can get it to display the rectangle with the words "encender" and "apagar" (turn on/turn off in Spanish). Now the rectangle displays "-u" when it is turned on.

The power button shows a green light until the rectangle disappears and then turns yellow.

So, the monitor powers up, the screen works but it is not displaying the video from the computer. What should I start looking for first??

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Paul
    Last edited by pkwaite; 04-09-2014, 07:54 AM.

Re: Asus VW246H strange start up/no picture

So . . . I stumped you all? Do I win something for that?! No thoughts on what might be the offending component??

Paul

Comment

Sounds like a problem with the display board to me. I have not had any experience with them going bad but I would think the only practical solution to that is to replace the board. If you can locate another monitor like it swap display boards for a test. I have a VW246 that I am trying to fix an inverter problem on. I haven't been able to locate a service manual with a schematic. Have you?

Jerry

Comment

Jerry,

Thanks for the reply! No, I haven't even thought about hunting down a service manual. I have found that Asus is not going to be any help to me.

I don't have access to another VW246H to swap and eliminate components. I will tear it apart this weekend to see if there are any visible issues that present themselves.

Thanks.

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X