Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAG LT2219WDb display probs

Hi.

New here so ill start slow. I have a MAG LT2219WDb that has been working fine up until the last week.

It will power on but the power light goes from orange to blue and sits there flashing on and off blue. No picture is displayed.

The first few times i left it and it came on. Once on it worked without any issues until the power was turned off.

Any ideas? I will post pics once i get inside it.

Thanks

--------------------
    ThunderBob
    Newbie to the Badcaps Forum
    ThunderBob
    Newbie to Badcaps Forum

Re: MAG LT2219WDb display probs

Originally posted by ThunderBob2011 View Post
    The first few times i left it and it came on.
    It sounds like bad caps. Either the caps are bloated or have high ESR (ohms). As the monitor warms up, the ESR drops allowing the monitor to function.

Please post pictures following my sig file below and in this format ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...94&postcount=1
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks. I will post pics this weekend when i get the chance to take the monitor apart.
      ThunderBob
      Newbie to Badcaps Forum

Comment

OK. Here are the pics.

Even i can see the burn marks on that power board

Caps look like they are slightly bulging on it aswell.

Thanks again!
        Attached Files
        ThunderBob
        Newbie to Badcaps Forum

Comment

You have at least 6 bloated caps. If the ones with the "K" vents are Rubycon, those should be good.

Replace all the caps (regardless whether they are bloated) or not unless they say Rubycon.

For replacements, we suggest Panasonic FR, FM, FC (in that order of preference). You can follow PlainBill's instructions at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...33&postcount=2

edit: Don't forget to replace the small little cap by the yellow SMPS transformer. It plays an important part in the SMPS startup process. The biggest one can be left alone as it rarely, but not never, fails.
          Last edited by retiredcaps; 10-26-2011, 09:42 PM.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Even i can see the burn marks on that power board
            The browning of the pcb is "normal" because there are two mosfets on the back of pcb that get hot during operation. Don't worry about the browning. Replace the caps and chances are the monitor will work again.
            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Wow. Thanks for the quick reply.

I live somewhere that getting these parts local is a pain.

Any recommendations for places to buy online in the US?

The caps on the board read as follows.

4x xunda 680uF25v TP0704 105'c (4 biggest caps)

2x xunda 470uF25v TP0704 105'c (2 smaller blue caps)

1x xunda 22uF25v TP0704 105'c (little green cap)

Thanks again. I really appreciate this.
              ThunderBob
              Newbie to Badcaps Forum

Comment

Any recommendations for places to buy online in the US?
                If you click on the link I provided and follow PlainBill's instructions, they are for digikey. Digikey's USPS 1st class shipping is around $2.50 ish and you should get the caps in 48 hours.

The caps on the board read as follows.

4x xunda 680uF25v TP0704 105'c (4 biggest caps)

2x xunda 470uF25v TP0704 105'c (2 smaller blue caps)

1x xunda 22uF25v TP0704 105'c (little green cap)
                Like I said, choose Panasonic FR, FM, and FC (in that order of preference, that is, if FR is not available, try FM, etc until FC). You can post your product selection and someone will help verify.

edit: As a "shortcut" click "in stock" and type in "470uf 25v fr" into the digikey search field. This will quickly narrow down your selection versus the number of clicks in PlainBill's instructions.
                Last edited by retiredcaps; 10-26-2011, 10:53 PM.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Ok, I purchased Rubycon and Samxon caps to replace the old ones and........

WORKING MONITOR!

Only odd thing is that the power LED no longer works. Oh Well i can handle that.

Thanks guys. Saved me having to buy a new monitor

ThunderBob
                  Newbie to Badcaps Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X