Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: benq fp767 problem 17 inch

Originally posted by gasan View Post
    ok q759+ q760 + q739+q740 gave me the same reading !!!! mybe its high voltage capacitors (blue). thank you guys
    any suggetions?????
    Sorry my crystal ball is in the shop....
    What readings?
    And the fuse???
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
      Some people (like some of my co-workers :slap: ) when sent an email with 2 questions, always seem to only answer 1.
      I find this useful and will probably switch to this asap. Start using numbered questions.

1) where do you live?
      2) do you know how to use a multimeter?
      3) do you have basic electronics knowledge?
      4) do you have a solder iron?

This forces the poster to enumerate each question and answer.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

collector -emiter= 198
        collector- base= 493
        base- emitor = 723

Comment

the main fuse is ok because i can see the benq logo on the screen and my operating system windows xp but all dark without a light

Comment

the main fuse is ok because i can see the benq logo on the screen and my operating system windows xp but all dark without a light
            1) STOP and READ CAREFULLY. This is getting silly.

2) STOP AND READ for one second.

3) You have been asked no less than 6 times (in posts 5, 7, 12, 16, 19, and 21) to check the picofuse PF751.

4) CHECK picofuse PF751.

5) Report the ohms measurment.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

its 532 (i put the multimeter on 2000k ohm) is that good or bad ????

Comment

its 532 (i put the multimeter on 2000k ohm) is that good or bad ????
                1) Retest with your multimeter set to 200 (two hundred) ohms.

2) If it says "1" on the left hand side of the display, that means out of range.

3) A good fuse on the 200ohm setting should read 0.3 ohms.

4) Report the new ohm measurement.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

That's bad. It should read 000 to 008 give or take depending on the meter/leads etc.

I recently repaired 2 of these, one had shorted transistors, the other just had a bad fuse.

So it IS possible that the fuse is the only problem.

I would do the following:

1 re-solder all of the transformer pins
                  2 double check the transistors
                  3 replace fuse
                  4 test
                  36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

at 200 ohm on the multimeter it read "1"

Comment

at 200 ohm on the multimeter it read "1"
                      1) You have a blown picofuse. This picofuse protects the inverter section. If it is blown, there will be no backlight. This will need to be replaced.

2) If you don't want to replace it again, pay attention and follow ALL the steps as listed by Krankshaft at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...2&postcount=21

3) Even though it is not the same monitor, they are made the same vendor and have the same problem.

4) You *MUST* do all the steps outlined by Krankshaft. It is a mandatory.

5) Also, follow the suggestions by my fellow Canadian, smason, in post #28.
                      Last edited by retiredcaps; 09-03-2010, 11:24 AM. Reason: added 5)
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

thank you so much retiredcaps so how could i know it just a problem with pikofuse

Comment

thank you so much retiredcaps so how could i know it just a problem with pikofuse
                          It is possible that just the fuse is bad. Fuses can go bad just by themselves.

However, it is prudent to take precautionary measures as outlined in #28 and #30.
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

so i did all what you mention (resoldring ....etc).
                            what should i do now just wait to get brand new fuse or test somthin else ????
                            Last edited by gasan; 09-03-2010, 12:04 PM.

Comment

this test wihout the pikufuse (i desolder it)
                              base - collector =0.49 (at 20k multimeter)
                              base - emmiter =6.63 (at 20k multimeter)
                              collector -emmeter =5.85 (at 20k multimeter)
                              these results apply to q740 + q739 +q760 +q759

Comment

so i did all what you mention (resoldring ....etc).
                                what should i do now just wait to get brand new fuse or test somthin else ????
                                If you have done *everything* that smason and Krankshaft have outlined, then go ahead and get a new fuse.

Before installing it, test it out of circuit to ensure it reads 0.3 ohms on the 200 ohm (two hundred) scale.

After you install it, review all the steps in #28 and #30 one last time. Then and only then apply power.
                                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ok thank you i really appreciate you guys about your efforts.
                                  i have a little quistion for you guys , what is the pecofuse i really didnt get it and What its role ????????????????

Comment

what is the pecofuse i really didnt get it and What its role ????????????????
                                    1) Spell it correctly. It is picofuse. Not pecofuse or pikofuse. Spelling it correctly will help when you use the search function (hint).

2) Searching for picofuse yields ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...50&postcount=2
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ok guys i bought brand new picofuse 3.15a and its working but suddenly when i unplug the cable from the wall (AC CABLE) and put it back agian there is no light (the same problem)

Comment

its like somthing is shorting the fuse !!!!!!!!! so wierd

Comment

its like somthing is shorting the fuse !!!!!!!!! so wierd
                                          Replace Q739, Q740, Q743, Q751, Q759, Q760, PF751. Remove all the solder from the pins of the 4 inverter transformers, then resolder them.

PlainBill
                                          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                                          X