X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyb1712 View Post
    Re: pioneer vsx 2021 no sound

## Attached - DSP firmware dump from Pioneer VSX-LX55 ##

Tested and working in both VSX-LX55 and VSX-2021.

Circuit location is: IC9004, device is: MX25L1606E.

Version is 119 from Pioneer firmware AVR_1_204087119093

I loaded this into my VSX-2021 IC9004 although the rest of the receiver was still running an older firmware version. It then started up and ran fine. I was able to perform a full update via USB to the rest of latest version detailed above.

Hello, Thank you very much, same problem and solved by copying the.bin file to the eeprom. Before this I thought the problem was with the Chinese chip, but no... it's the corrupt software. Thank you!!!!

Comment

Good news on your successful repair. You are lucky your Chinese chip works because they are mostly fakes. Did you buy the D revision or B revision one? Can you upload a photo of it?

I stopped buying them from Aliexpress and eBay because none of them worked and the markings on the chip had clearly been altered so there was no way to know which version you had bought.

Comment

Originally posted by andyb1712 View Post
        Good news on your successful repair. You are lucky your Chinese chip works because they are mostly fakes. Did you buy the D revision or B revision one? Can you upload a photo of it?

I stopped buying them from Aliexpress and eBay because none of them worked and the markings on the chip had clearly been altered so there was no way to know which version you had bought.

Hello,

Here I leave the data:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/10050...yAdapt=glo2esp

It welded perfectly at 300º

This one really looks original, a while ago I bought another one for a vsx1021 that has the same problem and that one seemed like a bad copy to me, yesterday I tried to upload the 2021 file to the 1021 eeprom but it didn't work....it would be possible to extract from the file provided by pioneer.MEM the .BIN to load it into the eeprom???...

Luckily 2021 is working perfectly now...I'm very happy.

Sorry for the English, it's from the translator...

Comment

i got a used VSX 53 as well, with no sound tried heat gun with flux and did not fix the issue ,guessing dsp needs replaced. can someone help if i send the board as i am not comfortable with Bga etc.
          Thanks

Comment

GUSI

Thanks for the photo and link of the chips you used. The one fitted to your board looks 100% fake to me, so I wouldn't bother trying to make this one work

The one you show next to it looks genuine but if it's from Aliexpress it will be a used one at best and at worst an old B revision marked with a D.

It's a big gamble buying these from eBay or Aliexpress because NONE of them are "100% brand "new as they claim. They are ALL lying because these chips were never available to the public, only OEMs like Pioneer and Onkyo because of the DTS/Dolby copyright.

I don't know how to extract the DSP data from the Pioneer firmware installation .mem files but the file I uploaded is tested and good. If your replacement DSP chip is working, the file should restore the audio.

Comment

Working...
            X