Harman Kardon AVR1700 won't power up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harman Kardon AVR1700 won't power up

You are right, it can't be the probe, because the square wave is there when I test it.

Comment

So until I see how you have connected it I cannot advise further.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

OK, here it is.
        I have measured the RCA end of the audio cable and I'm getting the same reading. Like an overlapped sine wave.
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't think that connection is reliable enough. Can you try with a piece of wire connected to the screw terminal and the hook probe connected to the other end of the wire?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have just tried at work the same setup and it shows a nice sine wave.
            I have to check out again my home setup, what is wrong there.
            Yesterday, I have measured some of the transistors, basically comparing the ,measurements between channels and I have noticed some discrepancies.
            I guess I still have some bad component there.
            At of the A1360Y at he collector I have 0V and at the other channel, I have 1.1xxV.

Comment

Basically we need to get a view of how the waveform is distorted so we can figure out where the problem may be.

Comment

OK, after fiddling with the scope for a while(I don't know why I have to play with it?), I have managed to see a sine wave.
                I don't have the option to save it in Bit file, only wfm and I can't attach those type of files here.
                I'll have to take pictures.

Comment

I'm trying to add some links from Dropbox for the two files.
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/bf43rpmfgtc5ol8/NewFile0.wfm
                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2rer0d8sg7y05y/NewFile1.wfm

I have installed the scope's software, but it takes some time until I will figure it out how to use it.

Comment

You need to select BMP format (Storage Button > Storage > Bit map) then press External to save. The WFM file is just raw data (X,Y coordinates to plot.) BMP is exactly what is on LCD.
                    Last edited by tom66; 06-20-2013, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have that option. I have: Storage, External, New file and Save.

Comment

I have installed a software called Ultra Sigma and that software will let me to print the screen, but I couldn't find the location where has saved the file.
                        I will look into it more later on today.

Comment

You don't need that.

Press STORAGE button.

Then press STORAGE on side menu to select the type used, select Bit Map.

Then press External and New File.

But if you can't figure it out just take photos of the screen.

Comment

I have just looked up the manual and I have noticed that. In will try it out when I will be home. Thanks

Comment

Finally I have managed to save them.
                              First one, is the good channel, second one is the bad channel with the same settings and the third one is still the bad channel, but I made it much more viewable.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The bad channel is essentially silent then.

So, you said it sounded distorted. With a speaker connected to the output, you would say the output is very quiet, almost not there?

Comment

Yes, I have to be very close to the speakers.
                                  Today, I was measuring with the Ohm meter all the resistors and one of the 22K was showing 0.6 Ohm, but when I have removed the board, it was showing a correct value.
                                  How is that possible?
                                  I went through all the parts on that channel and I didn't find anything bad.
                                  To measure voltages it's very hard, because on top of the amp is the HDMI board.

Comment

Where was the 22k? Can you highlight it in circuit?

Comment

Here it is:

It's late here, see you tomorrow.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Can't see any shorted transistor causing that.

Comment

Checked for solder bridges?

What is the resistance across R606?
                                          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Working...
                                          X