Thermador Oven Controler Dim display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thermador Oven Controler Dim display

So checked everything again today. Looks like the only thing they replaced on the board were the capacitors. I found one that was loose and not tracing out properly so I soldered some wire to fix that. Checked all the other solder joints that they did but didn't find any problems. Put control board back in and still the F1 error. Tested the temp sensor again for both resistance (1080 ohms) and ground fault (that passed). Unfortunately I can't get anything other that the F1 error on the screen so can't check what temp it thinks it is.

Didn't check the elements, but I guess I can try that next. Any other ideas?
    Attached Files

Comment

I see some board damage (lifted pads/traces) by whoever recapped the board but looks OK. It's tagged as a refurb so it is supposed to work?

The oven F1 error doesn't say much other than "replace the board". Thermadoor's website is uselss and says nothing.
      Same control board is used in many other ovens like Bosch Thermadoor Whirlpool Frigidaire etc.
      So we don't know much about the meaning of this error code. Whirlpool says it's the A/D converter error. Others say runaway oven heat, which would be a stuck on relay.

Apparently F1 error can be due to connections at the corroded wire nuts going to the oven temp sensor: https://blog.fixyourboard.com/2016/0...-on-oven-range
      I would be measuring oven temp sensor resistance right at the (unplugged) board connector between pins 3-5 for the around 1085 ohms.

Otherwise I would check the 5V power supply is OK, keypad is OK.
      U4 looks like microcontroller Invensys Robertshaw 053-00131-00 DIP-24, and it does get replaced. There is a jungle IC under the display tube not sure of part number.

Comment

i thought jungle chips were for crt tv sets ?

Comment

Any shrink-DIP 64 pin MCU, that is HV drives a VFD I call that jungle.
          The other DIP-24 MCU is probably a PIC and appears to connect to the Pt1000 temp sensor. I think it has the model-specific features? But the SPI EEPROM goes to the jungle IC.

The same control board is used in many ovens, I hope it's not discontinued that would be terrible.

Comment

Working...
          X