LG Washer/Dryer Power Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG Washer/Dryer Power Fail

Your module is faulty, it has three phases for powering the motor and two of its phases are broken, there is a short circuit on three IGBT transistors.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: LG Washer/Dryer Power Fail

Originally posted by lotas View Post
      Your module is faulty, it has three phases for powering the motor and two of its phases are broken, there is a short circuit on three IGBT transistors.
      Ok, thanks for the answer!

I'll try to reconnect the washing machine without the motor driver to see if the machine turns on.

Comment

I did a few tests earlier, put everything back in place (TOP246 and other components removed for testing) then plugged everything back in.
        Result: Nothing happens when I press the button on the machine (although I'm not really sure, perhaps a relay has been activated).

In a nutshell:
        The initial problem was that the power resistor linked to the ignition burned immediately when the Power button was pressed.
        After removing the motor driver, it turned out to be short-circuited.
        I repeated the test without the driver fitted, and nothing happened.

Maybe the TOP246 didn't really appreciate it and should be changed.

What can you deduce from this?

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Small update, I finally received the Mutsibishi PS21964-4S motor driver and proceeded with the change, I also changed the TOP246YN.

A few solderings later, I reconnected the whole thing: it worked again, great joy, but after 24h of operation, the machine stopped during the end of a cycle (I suppose spinning/drying).

After dismantling, the TOP246YN literally exploded.

When I reassembled the TOP246, as I no longer had a thermal tab, I used a double thermal face for the connection between the TOP and the radiator, perhaps this was a bad idea.
          I've read the feedback about replacing the TOP246 with a TOP248 (with resistor in series), so I'm going to try that as well as using good thermal paste.

Comment

did you change the top related capacitors?
            and did you spin the blower by hand to check the bearings?
            i think i know the answer to both
            always start with the simple stuff - dont go breaking out thermal imagers or arduino's on the first try!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              did you change the top related capacitors?
              Capacitors tested and ok.

The big one (330uf) has an ESR of ~1Ω.

and did you spin the blower by hand to check the bearings?
              From what I've read, I would have done it if it was a dryer model, but it's just a wash version.

i think i know the answer to both
              always start with the simple stuff - dont go breaking out thermal imagers or arduino's on the first try!
              I didn't change the brushless driver to play I did it because it was burnt out (thanks to lotas for the explanation).

Comment

title said "washer/dryer" ??

Comment

title said "washer/dryer" ??
                  Same board, same components, why can't I benefit from/exchange information?

Comment

because it confuses people - you should have started a new thread.

Comment

In this case, I was confused by the thread title, by "Washer/Dryer" I read Washer and/or/xor Dryer.
                      I picked up this thread along the way because it was the latter that helped me and the information was there.

I'll know next time, but thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X