• stj
    replied
    Re: Bakon BK950D

https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/TWEEZ...&ARTICLE=90922

Leave a comment:

• vinceroger69
    replied

yes i have had one electrolytic go bang when i was changing a tv main board eeprom, i certainly wont make that mistake again nearly hit my eye and yes ive seen a post your in on eevblog about these irons im just reading that russian forum stuff about the firmware hacks etc, that link dosnt work properly home page for reichelt but i guess you mean smd tweezers?
    Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-28-2018, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stj
    replied

bakon does not use sleep,
    T12 and T13 are electrically the same - just different length.

for smd i use air, except for electrolytics that go bang and throw electrolyte everywhere.

for those i may order one of these:
    https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/TWEEZ...9/3/index.html

Leave a comment:

• vinceroger69
    replied

thinking about it i guess the t13 does not use that white sleep wire? i will place a order of the handle and use that one. as always good to have a spare iron in the past ive used two irons to remove smd devices and i have not tried that rosin flux but will try it on next repair i do.

Leave a comment:

• stj
    replied

interesting, i'v seen that flux on ali and it's dirt cheap.

as for the handle, there is no magic, the tip has 3 wires, the connector in the handle has 3 wires.

just make a note of whitch colours go where on the T13 before you desolder them - then put them in the same place on the T12

Leave a comment:

• vinceroger69
    replied

Thanks for the link will order a couple always good having a spare but may need your help wiring it up as the Bakon BK950D only uses 3 wires i think, and yes a solid block of rosin flux was included and some solder its a good kit in my opinion for the price only took about 14 days to arrive.

Leave a comment:

• stj
    replied

hey, that quicko kit shows flux.
    did it come with it?
    if so, is it solid rosin or a cream??

Leave a comment:

• stj
    replied

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9501...871508100.html

maybe you wont get billed

Leave a comment:

• vinceroger69
    replied

A Bakon BK950D has just arrived i thought i had cancelled my order, its come with a all plastic handle can you buy the other type handle?, i cant seem too find them online.

Leave a comment:

• stj
    replied

i think the contacts in the handle have a protective coating from new,

it's VERY common for people to get errors with these T12 irons out of the box, but after you pull the cartridge out a few times they work fine afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• vinceroger69
    replied

Thanks stj unit works fine with white wire left off, i had a issue took a while to figure out as kept flashing error and buzzing it turns out one of the three contacts in the handle was not touching the tip once i sorted that it seems to work fine. i just need too level the display as crooked and fit the rubber feet, and yes that aliexpress seller was quick with delivery 2 weeks cant fault them at all, as you know i cancelled first order from them and brought the other one with psu he refunded same day, so i also ordered some spare tips from him.
    Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-22-2018, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vinceroger69
    replied

Originally posted by stj View Post
    damn that got delivered fast!
    i think you want the white open-circuit.

btw a couple of changes i recomend.
    1: connect the mains inlet with short loops of cable - the way they did it is asking for cracked joints.
    2: slip a plastic sheet in the case under the pcb - it's a bit close to the metal.

and 3 - and this is just me, but i like to earth my irons through a 1meg or 2.2meg resistor incase i work on something powered up - like replacing backup batteries.
    I did use cable to connect the mains and switch as loads of room in the case i will order some 1 and 2.2 meg resistors can add one later should i add a earth too the case? and will leave white wire off and try the unit thanks

Leave a comment:

• stj
    replied

damn that got delivered fast!
    i think you want the white open-circuit.

btw a couple of changes i recomend.
    1: connect the mains inlet with short loops of cable - the way they did it is asking for cracked joints.
    2: slip a plastic sheet in the case under the pcb - it's a bit close to the metal.

and 3 - and this is just me, but i like to earth my irons through a 1meg or 2.2meg resistor incase i work on something powered up - like replacing backup batteries.

Leave a comment:

• vinceroger69
    replied

i wouldnt use either myself, i use my iron at all angles.

if you really want to use a "sleep mode" then consider detecting it in a stand somehow.
    Hi just building this kit up a question can you look at the link and advise what/where i should connect the white wire too? as not using sleep function thanks my guess it goes to the black?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...858580702.html
    Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-22-2018, 04:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vinceroger69
    replied

if you really want to use a "sleep mode" then consider detecting it in a stand somehow.
    ok i will leave it out i dont really need the sleep mode function thanks for you reply.

Leave a comment:

• stj
    replied

it probably wont be your secondary for long - they are nicer to use than most expensive brand stuff.

btw, i saw a good mod on the other forum,
    a guy got the kit above, and instead of fitting the psu he fitted a 12v>24v boost convertor to use it in his car.

Leave a comment:

• Benjisun
    replied

I purchased one on ebay with T12 tips to give it a try.

Looks compact for a secondary soldering iron.

Pricing is attrative at 20-25€

Leave a comment:

• stj
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vinceroger69
    replied

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
    Ive just ordered this i will let you know when it arrives and ive built it up.
    Just thinking ahead which switch would be the best too fit the ball one or mercury one ?

Leave a comment:

• stj
    replied

it may work down to 90v or less - hard to say really.
    email the seller and ask

Leave a comment:

Working...
X