Sony KDL-40Z4100 14 Blinks Tcon Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-40Z4100 14 Blinks Tcon Error

Searching shows this model suffers from failing AS15 gamma IC chips. My TV shows 14 blinks. I disconnected the LVDS connector and the TV powers up with a green front LED and backlight coming on. I checked the Tcon board for fuses but couldn't find any. Would a bad AS15 chip produce this error code? There are a few sellers on ebay with a repair service but it looks like all they do is replace the AS15 chip.

Re: Sony KDL-40Z4100 14 Blinks Tcon Error

Don't think bad as15 would cause not to start unless shorted. Problem probably elsewhere on the board
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

The shopjimmy repair kit shows a fuse as well as the AS15. Will look for it.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-55-40t...repair-kit.htm

Comment

What does it do when you leave lvds connected but remove ribbon cables between t-con and panel?
        Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Gotten a little further since I found the service manual online. There is no troubleshooting guide or legend for the blink codes but schematics of the main board. Nice to be able to search net names and reference designators on both the schematic and component layout diagram.

I found the fuse F101 which is located on the far side of the Tcon opposite the connector. It tested good but only measured about 1.9VDC on both sides. I got the same voltage on pins 47-50 of the LVDS connector. I should be getting 12V. REG12V on pin 7 from the PS board measured good and goes through an onboard fuse F1422 and is switched with a FET Q1423 on the main board by a control line on the processor. With the LVDS connector unplugged, I got 0V at the TCON supply voltage.

Will check F1422 and Q1423 as next step. Wondering if the fuse in Shopjimmy kit is for the main board instead of the TCON. Stay tuned.
          Last edited by neilc6; 01-14-2018, 11:39 PM.

Comment

F1422 was open and I replaced it with a fuse from a KDL-40XBR6 board which had a 14 flash code as well. TV now powers up but has gamma issues so the AS15 chip needs to be replaced as well. Appears the shopjimmy repair kit has the right parts.

Found this thread which applies https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13751
            Last edited by neilc6; 01-15-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X