Sharp LC-60E79U - 2 Green, 1 blink - 1 Green 1 blink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-60E79U - 2 Green, 1 blink - 1 Green 1 blink

I have read through the 4 previous threads on this model and before I follow some of the tests another member preformed, I wanted to post here with my error code.

Power on, 2 green lights - 1 slow blink, 1 green light - 1 quick blink.

I've read through the service manual for this set and I did't see any chart with blinking light codes. Another Sharp manual indicates a lamp error...but?

This set was purchased broken for 100 bucks. The set was working when we got it home last Saturday. Died last night. Guy I bought it from said the problem was intermittent.

Power board does get PS-On from main, however, the PS relay clicks once and shuts down, only displaying the blink code. I cannot force start the set using Vol- and Input while plugging in AC. When holding down Vol+ & Ch-, I get a solid power light, but no backlights or display.

On the PS, there is 5 VDC on BU5V, and 3 VDC on AC-DET. There is no 12 VDC on anything. PS-ON does go high when power button is pressed.

Where should I start?

Re: Sharp LC-60E79U - 2 Green, 1 blink - 1 Green 1 blink

Flashlight test with volume up channel down plugging it in reveals no picturee as Well? What is the status when you have a solid power light do you have 12 V at that time?
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

disconnect one tcon to panel cable and try again to get a display... what happens. Do the same test with the other. Anything?

Comment

Originally posted by SolderMaster View Post
        Power on, 2 green lights - 1 slow blink, 1 green light - 1 quick blink.
        You may have found this already, but to interpret the error code your service manual suggests this:

"In this Service Manual, the modifications from Model LC-60E77UN (No. S99C6LC60E77U) are focused on. For what is left out herein, please refer back to the Service Manual of the previous model LC-60E77UN (No. 99C6LC60E77U)."

The LC-60E77UN available here:

https://elektrotanya.com

I am not sure I understand your description of the blinking light, but per the LC-60E77UN service manual the backlight failure is noted by one blink on the green power LED.

Comment

Ok,

When unplugging the TCON left side and AC in, Backlight comes on half the screen. 12V is present (obvious Capt) Remove AC and do the reverse, Backlight comes on the other half. No dim areas in the backlight on either side. Remove AC.

For shits n grins I plugged the AC back in...no error code. Press power button, TV boots up fine.

Should I try to start in service mode and see what errors are stored? I won't do anything until I hear back.

Thank all of you for responding.

Got impatient...lol

I got into the service menu for a little while, saw the lamp error was at 0. Before I could do a factory init, the screen went out and back to the OPC/Power flash once, Power flash once code.

I assume its a power supply issue. Wondering if I should just buy the PS kit from shopjimmy or the board...or both?
          Last edited by SolderMaster; 01-11-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Not sure what you are doing for an imput signal or if I actually understand what your test was. So when you disconnect one side, is there a picture on the other side? the side that is disconnected should be white (your back lights light the whole panel not just one side)... its white because nothing is connected to that side. BUT you should be seeing an image on the other side. Press the menu key if you have nothing connected as the system should be generating some form of display. Repeat the test for the other side. Is there anything displayed?

further post pictures of the resulting displays from the tests.

further... I wouldn't say its a power supply issue... possibly something drawing more than it should and causing a shut down.... hence the reason for the aftermentioned tests.
            Last edited by budwich; 01-11-2018, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
              Not sure what you are doing for an imput signal or if I actually understand what your test was. So when you disconnect one side, is there a picture on the other side? the side that is disconnected should be white (your back lights light the whole panel not just one side)... its white because nothing is connected to that side. BUT you should be seeing an image on the other side. Press the menu key if you have nothing connected as the system should be generating some form of display. Repeat the test for the other side. Is there anything displayed?

further post pictures of the resulting displays from the tests.

further... I wouldn't say its a power supply issue... possibly something drawing more than it should and causing a shut down.... hence the reason for the aftermentioned tests.
              It's tough to troubleshoot an intermittent problem.

With an Xbox hooked up, and removing the left side of the tcon cable from the panel, I get a white screen on half, and the Xbox on the other half. I wasn't able to do the reverse test today as it errored out when I applied AC. Back to 2 flash, one flash error code. PS relay clicks on and off.
              Attached Files

Comment

Added photos

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

ok.... not sure if it helped... but maybe. I understand the first picture of the three as I can see that the right side (from the front) has been disconnected and the picture on the left is "good" because it is getting signal. I don't understand what the second picture is as it shows a complete picture, does the set now work properly?
                    Further, how are you starting the set up at this point.... just power up button or are you using the "force sequence"? If I understand your testing, you have an issue with the right side (from the front).... when you disconnect it, the set is happy to run. When you disconnect the left side and try to run only with the "troubled side", the set gets "angry" :-) The might be an issue along the bottom on the right side ... the edge boards.... people tend to try to wash the screen but liquid gets down the front and ends up on those boards causing problems. Have you looked at those area for contamination?

Further when you have the set working with one side disconnected (ie. right), you should check some of the voltages on the bottom edge boards (if possible) or at some point on the tcon especially around the 15v "stuff".... which I think gets delivers towards the edge boards. It might be that the right edge board has an issue (marginal capacitor or otherwise) dragging down the 15v.
                    Last edited by budwich; 01-12-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Are you plugging in the ribbon cable while the TV is on bypassing the error and then you get a good picture on the right side?

Comment

The photos are when I powered it up after work. The tv sat overnight with no AC. After I plugged AC in, I hit power button...tv boots up fine, which is the full screen photo. Half screen photo is after I unplugged left side tcon cable. The TV died after the first test so I couldn't do the right side.

TV powered up normally after AC in, no forced start.

Once the tv goes to fault mode, it won't power back on. The relay on the PS clicks on and off.

Comment

so your saying once it gets in fault mode even unplugging the left tcon again, the half image , half white doesn't happen?

Comment

Once it goes to fault mode, there's no display. Even with tcon cables removed.

Comment

This is normal. You have to clear the fault if it is recognized before a successful restart.

What happens if you leave the whole panel disconnected from the tcon? Can you get successful restarts?

Comment

So far, yes. Both ribbons disconnected. Tv turns on, backlights come on. 5 in a row.

Comment

I would say the panel is pulling too much current from the tcon however it doesn't look like it has any shorts.

Can you post a picture of the tcon board?

Comment

Yes, Sir.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

ok... once you get it in this mode.... set the tcon cabling up in the same configuration that caused it to go into fault to see if that is repeatable. then try the other way and see if it always works. if so, you have likely narrowed down your issue and you can go from there.

Comment

Plugged both cables back in, applied AC. PS clicks twice, set in fault mode. Remove both cables, applied AC, PS clicks twice, set still in fault mode.

It's as if something shorts when it warms up. I need some freeze spray. Once the set has power for a few minutes, it craps out. I'll leave it AC plugged in for now, keep it warm until instructed further.

Thank you for helping me.

Comment

Working...
                                        X