ATI rADEON 9600XT Cap Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI rADEON 9600XT Cap Replacement

Ok to cut a long story short I found 3 of my capacitors on my ATI RADEON 9600XT card blown (tops popped stuff sticking out).

I wanted to replace these capacitors and removed two to take to the local stores, it turned out many shops near me didn't sell them, so I left the issue and used my old card instead, however now I'm wanting to replace them again but I misplaced those two that I took to the shop

Here is a image explaining the all info I have to replace them and which caps popped:

I suspect the missing ones were the same spec as the ones underneath them (same size)

So basically I need replacement capacitors but I'm not good with caps (first time) therefore I don't understand the specs that I need, so could you please give me links to ebay items that would make replacements for those 3 caps? or a store in Nottingham UK?

Any help is really appreciated

- Andrew

Re: ATI rADEON 9600XT Cap Replacement

Those caps are Sacon FZ. Re-cap ALL of them, even if they are not blown, since they have 100% pemature failure rates. The caps you would need are:

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=46 and
    https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=40
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge
      Those caps are Sacon FZ. Re-cap ALL of them, even if they are not blown, since they have 100% pemature failure rates.
      Will do, and just to be clear:

The top link is for the FZ72 1000 6.3v replacement capacitors, and bottom for the RS 1500 6.3v replacement capacitors?

Last noob question for clarity, I see that the smaller capacitor that you linked too is 10v whilst the smaller ones that need replacing are 6.3v, does being higher voltage matter?

- Thanks for your response

Comment

Correct. The top link is for the 1000s and the bottom link for the 1500s

The voltage on the cap is not the voltage it supplies to the circuit or the only voltage it can operate at, but rather, the maximum voltage it can handle being given by the circuit, so changing the voltage is OK as long as the voltage in the circuit is within the limits of the new cap. I replace caps with different voltage ones all the time and i've never had it cause problems before.
        Last edited by c_hegge; 07-01-2010, 05:15 PM.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Thanks, will give you an update when they are replaced and tested.

Comment

I replaced all the caps and everything works as new, I even cleaned the fan whilst doing the cap replacements.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X