• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung ue40d5520 flashing red light

Any more ideas welcome or its a waiting game for psu to arrive

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
      Just an FYI, I stripped a 55D6420 Monday. At one point, I tried to power it up with the LEDs unplugged from the PSU which resulted in a flashing red light and a pulsing power supply. My power supply would click about every second if I remember correctly. Your symptoms make me wonder if you have an LED out.

Hello mate could you read the voltages from psu main connector with led disconnected

Comment

Silly moment here my mind went blank how to read the fuse black to earth and red either side of the fuse if it is im getting 0v both ends

Comment

Tom I for one am just confused by the fact that there is voltages on the input pins and by the fact the supply cycles with or without anything connected to it. I've heard replacing the main cures this but I can't fathom how or why.

Comment

Possibly due to low load on the PSU outputs, or some kind of failed communication that the power board is attempting to perform.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'm going to try holding my PSON pin low see if I can make the damn thing stop cycling.

Comment

Help testing this fuse is power in then red and black to either side of fuse in volts mode

Comment

No, with TV power OFF test on 2000 ohms range.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The fuse by the plug ? It's a/c so one probe other side of fuse other probe to other input wire I guess. If you're getting voltage on the main filter cap you're getting a/c through the fuse.

Or did I misunderstand your question.

Comment

I get 0.0.1 with ohms can you not voltage test it

Comment

Originally posted by wreksta View Post
                        Hello mate could you read the voltages from psu main connector with led disconnected
                        The TV has been stripped. The main board has already been sold.

Comment

I get 0.0.1 with ohms can you not voltage test it
                          That seems to be OK. It doesn't make much sense to test the voltage across a fuse, it gives you very little info.

Comment

Any checks we can do then tom we need to learn what is blowing on these boards mate

Comment

No immediate suggestions. I need one to work on myself and look at.

Comment

Ok so I just learned my PS is active high not low like I thought. It stops cycling when PSON is held low and only voltage present is 5VSB. Apparently it's not tolerant of a floating input and I wonder if 5v is too high for it ?

Comment

Im goint go test my psu in a working tv mate if it turns out it is that and when my replacement comes ill send you this faulty one if you want tom

Comment

Will report bk in an hour or so

Comment

I pulled the PSON pin from the socket and grounded it and plugged everything back in. The power supply is nice and quiet but the power light still flashes albeit a little bit different. Hot and cold make no difference to it must be component failure somewhere on it.

Comment

Will report bk in an hour or so
                                        Hour almost up wreksta, what did you find out ?

Comment

Sorry forgot to update swapped psu with mates and my board powered his tv so tried my main and his tv fired straight up so scratched my head s bit went home and stripped full panel to find 4 blown led, s jumpered the pads after removal tv fired up and worked perfect could not tell 4 of the leds wont there replaced them anyways and tv was a good un

All in all was the led light strip
                                          these are in pairs and disconnecting one good strip from the other wont work as they must fire in order

Comment

Working...
                                          X