Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 8-pin NOR flash and bad flash update for MSI B350

the more options the better,
    so if your device isnt in one soft - it may be in another.

Comment

Re: 8-pin NOR flash and bad flash update for MSI B350

Maybe I should start looking into trying to flash some of these devices without using the CH341A. I just really wish I had a chance to try that flashrom with the MSI B350 board. I wanted to see if it would have worked while the chip was still on the board.

I bet 20 to 1, if I had a way to hook to the jumper, I could have used my CH341A programmer and the software that I currently use successfully, but the pins were short and smaller I think than what I normally use. I think they're the same pins that are on that PICKit programmer clone you talked me into purchasing. I want to find female to female cables that I can plug directly into my programmer and on those MSI boards.

I think they where the same thickness that you find with other header pins, but were really short and maybe closer together. I kinda like single wires better I think, but maybe they make a special header that plugs into the board's JSPI1 pin and then lose ends on the other end of the cable. Some MSI boards have 8 pins, some have 10.

Anyways, next time, I'll check out some of romfiles and see how it works.
      -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Working...
      X