Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aqous 70LE650U vertical lines

Hey all

I was gifted a 'dead' sharp 70". When I first plugged it in, I was getting the flickering screen/horizontal lines. While browsing this forum, came across a few threads on how to diagnose and fix this issue. During my troubleshooting, I ended up having these stationary verticallines.

I've fixed the flickering screen by removing the right side tabs. However the vertical lines still persist. I've reset the tcon ribbon cables numerous times to no avail.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mythic; 09-20-2017, 07:08 PM. Reason: Added photo

Re: Sharp Aqous 70LE650U vertical lines

put on your glasses and closely examine how the cables are being seated in the clamps. :-)

Comment

Also check with a magnifying glass that the ends of the cables have not been damaged. The gold contacts at the ends of the cables lift/break very easily.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to inspect the cables tonight when I get home and report back!

Comment

Also, if I need to replace the ribbon cable, can you suggest a place to order new ones? Thanks!

Comment

If it comes to that then I would try and find someone selling the Tcon board and check if they still have the ribbons.

Comment

Ok. Played around a bit more tonight. No dice. Looked at all 4 ends of the cables (see attached pics) and all appear in good shape. Also checked the clamps and they appear to be in good working order as well. I also cleaned all connections to rule out any 'dirt'. Any other suggestions?
              Lines do disappear when corresponding cable is disconnected. Lines are also above the menu so I know it's not a hdmi port problem.

Thanks
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mythic; 09-21-2017, 06:03 PM. Reason: Words

Comment

something weird if they weren't there before you "played" with figuring out which side to "cut". Normally, I would expect the vertical lines / white screen to be on the side where the tcon cable to panel has been disconnected.... and mostly white with perhaps some vertical lining. I would check the corner cabling which you may have played with and put back improperly. Further, ensure that the frame is not touching any of the bottom edge boards which can be an issue.

further, show us a picture of the edge board that you removed to get this far along with perhaps a picture of the cut tab(s).
                Last edited by budwich; 09-21-2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Damn it. I think I found the issue. On the bottom tab board, there is a burnt chip in on of the tabs. Guess this ones a write off. 😞
                  Attached Files

Comment

What a pity. Perhaps you can sell off the boards and get some money back.

Comment

Ya that's my plan. The tv was free anyways, so I'm not out any money. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                        something weird if they weren't there before you "played" with figuring out which side to "cut". Normally, I would expect the vertical lines / white screen to be on the side where the tcon cable to panel has been disconnected.... and mostly white with perhaps some vertical lining. I would check the corner cabling which you may have played with and put back improperly. Further, ensure that the frame is not touching any of the bottom edge boards which can be an issue.

further, show us a picture of the edge board that you removed to get this far along with perhaps a picture of the cut tab(s).
                        Hi there. I am trying to learn so please bear with me. So, just "peeling off" the driver tabs will not work like it did with budwich's legendary fix? (See "Sharp LC-70LE757U Flashing 2-5 :-( can it be saved economically?" thread.)

Comment

I think this poster already removed tabs from one side.... that's how he got this far. His problem is that there is an issue also with the other side... that leaves one with no more options.... hence the poster is left with maybe selling cards that appear to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                            I think this poster already removed tabs from one side.... that's how he got this far. His problem is that there is an issue also with the other side... that leaves one with no more options.... hence the poster is left with maybe selling cards that appear to be good.

Yes. This. Ended up selling the whole unit.

Comment

Working...
                            X