Sony KDL-40EX723 5 Blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-40EX723 5 Blinks

Wonder if you can help me troubleshoot this one. It's doing 5 blinks of the standby light. The service manual flowchart says to look for 12V at pin 1 of CN6001 on B* board. It only very briefly spikes to 12V on switch on and then back to 0V. I have to use the peak function on my meter to catch it. I'm not sure if that counts as having 12V there or not. Should the 12V be maintained or does it get shut off once the mainboard detects an error? 5 blinks points towards t-con but what can I do to narrow down the problem?

I'd be very grateful for any help you can give.
    Attached Files

Re: Sony KDL-40EX723 5 Blinks

So it was the LVDS cable. Thought I'd already checked it pretty thoroughly but I gave the ends another good clean and the TV comes on now.

It now shows a few thin horizontal lines just at the top of the screen that span the whole width. Can't seem to affect them by further cleaning or adjustment of LVDS cable. Is it worth getting a new cable or am I looking at a panel or t-con issue?
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Sony KDL-40EX723 5 Blinks

This is a panel failure right? The lines at the top? Shame. I guess this one will be sold for parts then.

Comment

Working...
      X