Can I do this Network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I do this Network?

First I don't even know if this is a type of Network. Here is what I have and what I want to do. PC number one is an Hp p6687c, AMD Phenom IIX4 840T Processor 2.9Ghz. 8.00 GB Ram. Windows Seven Home Premium OS @64 bit.
    PC number two is a Dell Demenssion 4550, P4 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, Windows XP Home Premium OS @ 32 Bit. Both complete systems are up and running on my desk.
    Here is what I want to do. When I burn a DVD copy using the Hp I also want it to also send to project to the Dell so it can burn the same thing using its two DVD burners.
    The Hp has wireless, USB as well as a serial port. The Dell has USB, serial ports and a bidirectional printer port but no wireless. Both have ethernet plugs and can be hard wired to my five port DSL modem. I may still have a wireless card for the old Dell. With what I have can these two PC be made to play nice with each other? As you can see I have no idea what I'm doing.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Re: Can I do this Network?

would require some specialty software i'm not aware of.

if its nero you could always generate the .nrg file and network share that one, and just double click on the one with the dual burner and burn over the network, if its a good enough network it should work with no buffer underruns or anything like that

thats off the top of my head and my research turns up little
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Re: Can I do this Network?

Why not share the optical drives on the dell over the network. I did it once at a LAN party, burn abunch of DVDs in short period of time. But after that was done I waited til later that night so most people would forget about the shared optical drives and started ejecting people's optical drives. I started off on one system not to be suspicious, then jump from system to system. People were closing them and I would eject them again. No one caught on, they thought it was a worm or something going around the network. Then I ctrl-A all the drives and eject them all at once. Shit was hilarious.

Comment

Working...
      X