Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Vaio SVE15 series not turning on.

Hi Everyone.
    I'm new to electronic repair so sorry if I miss out on obvious things.
    I have a Sony MBX-269 DA0HK5MB6F0 motherboard that just stopped working randomly.First the 5v power rail was out, a capacitor {I think} started making a buzzing noise, then 3v and now 19v aren't present. When I connect it to its charger, the charging IC (PU101) starts heating up.
    I have attached the schematics and pictures of the motherboard and a board-view in the zip file.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    As for why I just dont buy a replacement, its because first I'm only 16 and I dont make any money as where I live its not possible to get a job, and second is that there is quite literally no replacement available anywhere with a dedicated GPU.
    Thanks in anvance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bananz0; 08-28-2020, 11:41 AM. Reason: Adding board-view files,

Re: Sony Vaio SVE15 series not turning on.

hello. Can you post a close up clear picture of PU101 and the area ive circled in the attached picture
    Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi.
      Here are the pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

I have measured some capacitors with a multimeter in diode mode and they are open. Does that mean that the capacitors themselves are bad or is there a short to ground somewhere else? and if so, how do I find it?

Comment

Originally posted by bananz0 View Post
          I have measured some capacitors with a multimeter in diode mode and they are open. Does that mean that the capacitors themselves are bad or is there a short to ground somewhere else? and if so, how do I find it?

if u want to repair, read something about components. u cannot repair when u dont know what is components doing

Comment

I read more on it and looked at the board again and it turns out that the buck converter circuit was dead and the charging circuit too. As I can't find any other replacements, I think I'll just give up. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Working...
            X