Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia NS-32E740A12 Does not Power On.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia NS-32E740A12 Does not Power On.

Hello Everyone,

Just trying to keep this LCD from the trash/recycle. When first plugged in the red led does light up on the front of the TV. When the power button is pushed you get nothing from the set. No relay click, backlight, or anything. So the first thing I checked was the voltages on the Power Supply. I do get the 5 volt standby. When I manually told the Power Supply to turn on by jumpering the 5V and the PSON the power supply does turn on, and I get good voltages for everything. 5V, 12V, & 24V all look good. I can also tell when the power switch is pressed the line for the "ON" is going low on the main board so it seems that the IR board with the buttons is working, but the main board is not giving the the Power Supply the signal to turn on? At this point I'm not sure what I need to be looking for on the main board to try and isolate the problem?

Here are some pics of the main board and power supply. My pictures may not be the best, sorry.

Tim
    Attached Files

Re: Insignia NS-32E740A12 Does not Power On.

...any guesses where to look next?

Comment

Recommend you check all the voltage regulators on the main board:
      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22231
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

If anyone is interested or for future reference. I couldn't find out what was wrong on the main board but I replaced it, and the TV now works.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes i have one with same issues.The main board definitely gone 715g4522-m01-000-004k.When i removed connector cn701 at an angle the lamps come on and main heatsink on board unusually hot.where did u source a new board?I have seen on ebay but member there in messages between us sais dynex 32" board wont work on insignia even though its identical.Any members out there had issues with this?
          Last edited by sputnikoff; 02-04-2019, 09:45 AM. Reason: more info added to paragraph

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/p/Dynex-Dx32l22...057/1070717410 looks like these should work on insignia 32ns-32e740a12.
            Last edited by sputnikoff; 02-04-2019, 09:48 AM.

Comment

more information

Comment

Some examples there, notice how it says to match up the sticker numbers. https://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsea...q=NS-32E740A12

Comment

Working...
                X