X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finding replacement bits for a Panasonic Plasma SC board

Originally posted by nickarsow View Post
    Hi guys,
    This is my first post in this forum and I think this is the right place to ask for some help.
    The TV is almost the same - TX-P50U10E and the problematic board is TMPA4829 AB.
    I can't find the names of the blown transistors Q441 and Q451. Please advice.
    Best regards
    Nick
    should be on the casing of the transistor

q441 B1JAEP000006, GT45G127 or toshiba igbt 45G127
    q451 B1JAEP000006, GT45G127 or toshiba igbt 45G127

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
      should be on the casing of the transistor

q441 B1JAEP000006, GT45G127 or toshiba igbt 45G127
      q451 B1JAEP000006, GT45G127 or toshiba igbt 45G127
      Hi tw2005,
      Yes, sure, but if the cases are on their places.... :-)
      It seems there has been a huge blow.....

Comment

Working on one of these and blew it up. Replace evrything that i could find shorted. When i jump sc 50 i get the green light then it goes out. I found q16661 rjp6065 and it keeps shorting collector to emitter. There is no short when removed. I was poking around and found ic920 witch is NJM2903V JRC2903 TSSOP-8 at pin 4 to 5 and it corelates with emitter. I pulled the ic and the short still remains . i tested the other ones on the board and there is not short to pin 4&5. When i took a look at schematic these pins do not correlate. I tested everything i could with a multimeter and cannot find this short. Just found the schematic again and will get back to it tommrow. I posted a pic of the circut for q1661 sc page 3/4 .
        Attached Files

Comment

Nevermind, the ic i removed is ic1920 and pin 4 and 5 are linked together. C691 right before q661 gets a charge becase it has a nice arc when discharging. My multi meeter cannot read 30g123 or rjp6065 and my lcr broke.
          I did read them to be real before it broke . i had 1 out of 10 30g123 read good and the rest as capacitor.
          Last edited by bman4; 01-11-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

The small smd bits i replaced are q16801,q16701,q16702,q16810, they didnt short again. I dont think the gate circut would cause collector to emitter short.

Comment

Yes it can, if its not receiving the proper (pulse) signal. If the gate is turned on hard (dc voltage) the fet will likely short.

Comment

Im just thinking of replacing everything in this circut that i cannot test. Im thinking of powering it on without rjp6065 to see what that gate voltage is.
                Last edited by bman4; 01-11-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

im getting 195v on the gate without the rjp6065 in circut.i did forget to put ic1920 back in. The 220v circut must be shorted to the gate. This must be wong shouldent parts be burning up. Might be - 195v ireuploaded the service manusl for easy access.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by bman4; 01-12-2019, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I decided to test ic784 witch is mip9L02 for the 220v caps. The source pin is not shorted to its gnd but chassis and get 0.5v on power up.
                    Last edited by bman4; 01-13-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Disregard last post source is grounded threw coil. Vsus must be shorted to gate . rjp6065 has a gate voltage of 30v when its getting 195!
                      Last edited by bman4; 01-13-2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I forgot to mention the diodes i replaced. D652,d865 replaced with a random 888A because at that time i figured a diode is a diode. I replaced them negative to collector like the rest i see on board. Next i removed d673,d674 because i thought they where the short. I did not have schematic and figure negative to collector. When looking at the schematic i believe its positive to collector for d673,d674. Im gonna look over the schematic to try and figure out polarity and order the proper diodes.
                        Last edited by bman4; 01-13-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Seems as though I have one of these with a severely wasted panel.
                          They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Mine is a tc- p42u1 and dont know what condition the panel is in . pretty impressive.to have that many hours.
                            Are you pointing towards you may want to sell your parts and scap it ?

Comment

I haven't even looked at it yet, other than plugging it in and giving it a (no) go. Had it for 3 months. I don't think badcaps.net allows sales on or through the forum.

Eventually I do intend to part it out, just been busy with repairs.

Comment

Possibly Donate and i pay for a shipping label or you direct me to you ebay ad.

Comment

Mine is a TC-P42X1

Comment

Mines the 1080p version,it's why i want to spend the time to repar it. I wonder what the diffrences in sc boards are. I know i can probly fix mine but its been 4 moths wating on parts and failures. Im about to give in and buy one!
                                    Last edited by bman4; 01-17-2019, 12:44 AM.

Comment

My diodes where all in proper poliarity. Im getting the same voltage reading from cap 813 big black 220v.at bottom. I get conunity from ic784 pin 6 / positive of cap 813 to emiiter of q661 but not collector or anywhere else. I get the same voltage on emiiter and collector negative - 195 testing from chassis. I used a rf101l4s diode at d652, d865. I removed removed them and voltage still remains.

Comment

pin 6 of ic784 mip9l02. Pin 9 is gnd that has conuninty to emitter of q661. So maybee its.the culprit. My dirst.test.i messed up.and forgot to connect ac to buffer clips and got arcing. I remeber when i did this to another it blew a ic like this up bur was shorted unlike this. This also has 195v between source and ground but not negative 195 getting 400v from gnd to drain with leads to 250v cap. Source has conunity to chassis gnd but i think its threw coil L897 and reads 1.5 ohm. I get 0.0 from gnd of ic784 to emitter of q661.
                                        Last edited by bman4; 01-18-2019, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X