Opinions on converting CCFL to LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions on converting CCFL to LED

Thanks Francisco. Here is the link. http://hobi-elektronika.net/?downloa...%20NSWAA-NTWAA

Comment

page 22, down part.

Comment

Thanks spidey. That was the only schematic I could find. I noticed that the panel connection was a 40 pin connection while mine is a 30 pin CCFL and there was no actual inverter connector pinout as referenced to the A505 that Francisco showed. I saw the 3 volt supply and 5volt supply but seems like the 5 volts should be higher. I presume this is the lcd vdd. The toshiba L455 that I have shows 19vdc in on the inverter cable. I want to get this sorted out if it is a circuit problem of not putting out enough voltage before I change the screen and cable again.

Comment

Looks like the 5 volt supply was only for the camera. Where is the voltage in for the inverter pinout coming from. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbssat View Post
            Looks like the 5 volt supply was only for the camera. Where is the voltage in for the inverter pinout coming from. Your help is greatly appreciated.
            Hi Herbssat, you should have the equivalent to +LCD_INV, like is shown in page 22 that goes to B+ through a fuse, or a coil.
            Regards.

Comment

Thanks Francisco. I see the B+ going through coil L2 to Lcd Inv but dont know where to trace the B+ to in the circuit.I presume it is much more than 5 volts. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thanks Francisco. I see the B+ going through coil L2 to Lcd Inv but dont know where to trace the B+ to in the circuit.I presume it is much more than 5 volts. Thanks for your help.
                Yes, B+ should be 19 volts.

Comment

Thanks. That confirmed my worst fears. I guess its time to tear it down and see where the circuit breakdown is. I would have been quite mad to spend big bucks for a ccfl screen and not have enough b+ voltage to get the inverter to work properly. If I thought that the led screen would work properly with the lower amount of voltage I would put the screen and the conversion cable in and call it a night on this one.

Comment

if you can unassamble your laptop and tell me the model i can find a schematic for it.

Comment

Thanks for your help Spidey. I will try to get it torn down by tomorrow and get you the info. I appreciate all the help you guys have given.

Comment

Hi friends,
                        I changed the CCFLs in an LG 2253s monitor with the led lamp kit two weeks ago. It is working now. No problem with it. But although nevertheless the result was good, the brightness did not satisfy me. It is bright enough but not the same as original. Something disturbing me May be that's because it's not an original but converted system.
                        VK

Comment

Hi Herbssat, I don't know how different your motherboard is, but the circuit in page 47 is a typical example of DC for 19 v. input.
                          As you can see B+ comes from PQ9, then through pr49 reaches its point, then it goes to all circuit it is needed, so it will go to the lvds connector through a fuse, or a transistor.
                          If we can get the proper schematic, then it is done.
                          Regards.

Comment

The board is a hannstar j mv4 94 0 rev 2.0 .

Comment

Wanted to make sure that I corrected what was posted. The board is a Hannstar J MV-4 94V-0 0947 rev 2.00. Thanks.

Comment

The board is a hannstar j mv4 94 0 rev 2.0 .
                                hannstar is the manufacturer of the pcb. i need something like compal LA-5322P .

Comment

Thanks spidey. I did not see any other identifiers on this board. I did find another board that was close. It was a toshiba L650 if I am not mistaken with the inventec BL10G. From what I saw on the diagram they used a 3 volt and a 5 volt circuit going to the lvds connector and not raw B+.

Comment

try removing sticker near ram slots.. or any other stickers.

Comment

I found one more number-6050A2284301 AO2. I am pretty sure this is an inventec model as most of the others I have sourced with the numbers before this have been inventec. The last one I saw was a E9bdc C600 Inventec Calcutta 10. It looks to be pretty close. The last 2 I sourced are all working on that 5 volt circuit.

Comment

Here is an update. I did find the raw B+ of 19.30 vdc at cn 3000 on the 4th pin towards the front of the laptop. However, I am not getting the same voltage at vin of the inverter cable. This voltage is still 5 volts only. Looks like a faulty cable.

Comment

Sorry guys. I thought I was on to something. The B+ is at the connector but no pins at the video cable for it to connect to.

Comment

Working...
                                          X