Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic P60ST60 7 lights, then 8 lights, then 10

Hi all,

I am so thankful to have found this community. Don't think I'd have a chance in hell at fixing my current situation if not!

Recently I went to turn on my Panasonic ST60 and was greeted with a lovely light show of 7 red blinks. I fell asleep watching the TV so I don't know if there were any pops or noises when it shut off last.

Apparently 7 blinks indicates SD/SU/SC so I took the back panel off and troubleshooted as follows.

Unplugged SD board, 7 lights still

Unplugged SU board, 7 lights still

Unplugged SC board, now 8 lights

Replugged SC Board with SD/SU unplugged, ground screws removed, and jumper at SC50. 7 lights

At this point I am hoping this confirms simple SC Board fault and I can order the part and be on my way.

Disconnect SC2, SS11, P35, 3 white ribbons at the A-board to hopefully get a solid light and isolate issue to SC Board. Nope. Now 10 blinks

Where does this leave me? Attached are pictures of my panel and boards. I don't see any visible shorting.

Could SC and A board failed at the same time or am I not understanding the results of my testing?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic P60ST60 7 lights, then 8 lights, then 10

https://my-secure.justanswer.com/que...b2d1d3eb847c8e

This 10 blink diagnosis sounds very similar to my issue, and P60ST60 troubleshooting tech guide states 8 blinks is normal to indicate SC board. Maybe I should just get a SC board and see what happens given how cheap they are these days. Any thoughts?

And did I ruin my set because I might have plugged P35 back in while the set was ON? I don't know which were plugged in exactly, but I plugged a few back in before I realized it was still plugged in. Ugh. No sparks or anything crazy, and it all cycles through all the same light sequences as before.....

Edit: Actually is the panel even powered in the flashing state? I think it turns off when the error codes trips and goes into SOS mode flashing lights, right? If so, it was sitting plugged in SOS mode for about 5 minutes before I started plugging the cables back in.
    Last edited by perardua; 08-25-2019, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Re: Panasonic P60ST60 7 lights, then 8 lights, then 10

I think the new SC Bd will fix your problem.

Comment

Working...
      X