RCA LED52B45RQ power on issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCA LED52B45RQ power on issue

I have an RCA LED52B45RQ television. Does not turn on, but if I unplug it for 10 seconds or so and plug it back in it will power up after a few tries. Any ideas? Has a RE46HQ1350 power supply board. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by erxmo1; 10-28-2019, 11:48 AM.

Re: RCA LED52B45RQ power on issue

Do test in number 3 below, video demo in number 2 if needed, can you post some nice clear pictures of all the boards and one of how they are all connected?

Comment

this is a photo of the main in bus to the power board, three 5v positives, which are we testing?
      Attached Files

Comment

All 13 pins with cable hooked up, see the map/legend of the pin names and expected voltages beside it, report those in standby which is tv off but power cord plugged in, also report voltages when you hit power.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-28-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I tested all pins in three states. With the TV plugged in, TV plugged in after hitting power on but the screen and speaker fail to activate, and finally after cycling a couple of time and the screen and speakers coming on.

Also noticed that if the TV comes fully on when I turn it back off the voltages return to the "just plugged in stage". If I hit power and the screen fails to come up when I hit power buttons, voltages come up but remain strong when attempting to power it back off.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by erxmo1; 10-29-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Those voltages look pretty good, if I understand it comes on, when it does if you can go into the menu and turn the backlights (not brightness) way down, then see if it acts any different, can also try unplug tv from power and hold down the power or standby button on the tv (not remote) for about 30 seconds then plug it back in and try it, did you try a factory reset and firmware update?
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-29-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

As always BE VERY CAREFUL working with the powerboard the HOT/PRIMARY side has DEADLY VOLTAGES.

Comment

First, thank you so much for helping so much thus far. I got it put back together and after a few times unplugging and plugging back in I got the screen up and running as normal. Tried to unplug and hold power button for 30 sec with no luck and can find no menu option to control backlight. The firmware is proving difficult to find online so that will take a minute. And I am not sure how to facilitate a factory reset (I did find a reset all in the menu options but it didn't seam to do anything). Will spend some time on the net to figure out how to accomplish these tasks and get back to you. Thanks again

Comment

Go to All Reset and press enter, make sure Audio Only is off or you will get voice but no picture.

Comment

RCA seems a little strange, I was looking for firmware, got this page. I guess they want you to call them, about all I see is a phone number: https://www.rca.com/us_en/television...port-396-us-en

Comment

from what I gather the RCA brand has been owned by a few different companies over the years and you need to find out which one built the tv in question to get the right firmware. I will call the number and see what is up there.

Comment

Working...
                      X