U3011 power fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U3011 power fault?

hey i got a new power supply board. but the wiring or all weird up. there is something call the hdcr. is it the same as pwm?

here on the right is the new power supply board. the left one is old.

see it? the nc are swapped. but the pwm went missing and its like replace by hdcr.

same goes for here. on the right side is the new board, left is old.

the left socket had number 8 wire swap.

and the right socket. nothing is swapped but it has extra one wire.

now the question is:

1. swap around all the wires to match the existing power and stuff?
    2. is hdcr the same as pwm?
    3. the extra wire, for hdcr ( number 11, right socket, 2nd picture). should i ignore?

should i replace the old one with this board? or should i toss it aside?

one is rev: x4
    the new one is rev: B
    Last edited by ktzz; 10-29-2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Did you look at the bottom side and look at the traces to see if they go to the same components?
      Never stop learning
      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

i have not yet. just thinking if i swap the wire aroundd, will it be alight?

* okay i saw it. for the pwm and the hdcr is actually small matter as there is no wire connected to there. just the NC different position but pointing to same thing. is it safe to connect the blue wire into it? ( if u refer to my first few post on the blue wire, its for the nc i guess )

then right now i see no different in the 24v_en. can i just swap them around for the wire?
        Last edited by ktzz; 10-29-2014, 11:41 AM.

Comment

okay swap out the old one with the new one. it powering up nicely. but problem is. there is no dell logo? and when there is no connection it does not turn orange. something i did wrong? i leave the hdcr away. then swapped the 24v_en from 3rd to 2nd.

and of coz there is no image. just backlight on. cant even see the menu. =(

does anyone know about it? man.. it just got worst. =\
          Last edited by ktzz; 10-30-2014, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Maybe PSU is not wired properly, voltage missing or wrong.
            Did you connect that blue wire?

With both PSUs do you get same voltages on same pins of the plug at the mainboard end?

Or maybe they are not compatible.
            "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
            -David VanHorn

Comment

yes i did. the blue wire is put to the new nc slot. the voltage all seem the same even with the cap is the same. hmmmm

i only changed the wire location for the 24v_e and the nc. ignored the extra port on hdcr on both side.

able to off and on with beep. but not able to get image even with its own monitor menu. but there is still beep sound =/

any place i can start checking again?

Comment

Connecting the blue wire to a NC (No connect) pin doesn't make sense to me, otherwise why would the wire exist?

Can you take a photo of the underside of both PSUs showing where the blue wire is connected on both?
                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                -David VanHorn

Comment

i think the pin although is NC. but there is a wire connect to the inverter for the backlight. i found out the backlight is still okay it will dim lightly then become brigther. something like when i start my monitor. same behaviour.

Comment

the display is okay for a moment after i found out some cables were loose. i guess i overlook it.they were great for a few days till suddenly some flickering horizontal line appear.

plug into another pc same thing happened

did the monitor self test all colors are great. red blue green grey black white. no flickering at all. what could have been the problem?

after reseating the cable again. only the left side seem to flicker. classical t-con problem?
                    Last edited by ktzz; 11-04-2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

okay i swap with another tcon board. the flickering is still there. so whats left should be the logic board. what causes it?

this is getting very weird. after sliding up and down the monitor. it seem to shake off something maybe. now the flickering is gone. but i think this is not a long term fix. anyone know of any reason? most of the web searches point to t-con board. but i already changed to another t-con board. and produce same flickering problem.
                      Last edited by ktzz; 11-04-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

If the self-test works it would suggest some problem on the signal input. Have you tried another signal cable?

Those kind of graphical problems can also be caused by a faulty video card.
                        -David VanHorn

Comment

i tried my pc using another monitor. there is no such problem.

i tested the cable on another pc / monitor too. its all good.

hmm signal problem. is that the logic board?
                          Last edited by ktzz; 11-04-2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Somewhere on the logic board. possibly before it gets to the processor and out to the panel.

But it could be that the self-test doesn't work the components as hard as displaying a real signal does, so proving where exactly the problem lies is difficult.

I wonder perhaps if that RAM chip you suspected before is bad after all.
                            -David VanHorn

Comment

hmmmm okay. so does reflowing them helps? the solder on the board is kinda dull. or is there any method?

Comment

Reflowing would help if the BGA solder balls are cracked. If the chip is bad a reflow won't help.

The solder may look dull if it is lead-free solder, which is normal.

Leaded solder goes dull over time. It's only shiny when it's been freshly reflowed.
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

i see! what do you recommend for this? once again. im really grateful for your help and knowledge.

updates:

the flickering came back again. after the monitor became hot. i tried sliding it up and down. the flickering went off again. hmmm.
                                  Last edited by ktzz; 11-05-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

At this point I don't know. It would seem there is something wrong with the logic board but it's hard to say.

You said you have two monitors, can you swap boards or LVDS cable or TCON around and see if the fault moves? That should at least narrow down the problem to a specific board etc.

Did you get those lines before installing the new PSU? From your original post I got the idea it was randomly shutting off.
                                    Last edited by Agent24; 11-05-2014, 03:51 PM.
                                    -David VanHorn

Comment

this monitor is coming up with new sytmpton is really interesting. haha

yeah! i have two same monitor. oh yeah. before i install the new psu i didnt have this flickering line problem. hmmm oh yeah! i did swap out some capacitor. might be the new caps. cause this problem?

i swapped the tcon but not the cable.

yeah it was just randomly shutting down. oh no... i think changing the caps is like causing me more problem.

Comment

Which capacitors did you swap? What were they and what did you replace them with?
                                        -David VanHorn

Comment

i think it was one of the 470uf or rather the bigger in size capacitor. and some smaller size caps. to some i not sure but it is of same excat uf and volt.

Comment

Working...
                                          X