Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 42LS345T Blown main fuse on PSU

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help, have been given this TV by a friend, basically dead, so opened it up and found main fuse on PSU blown, so purchased a packet of 3.15A quick blow fuses from Maplins, soldered one in. Turned TV on and it came on got image on screen and then "pop" it blew the fuse. I found a new PSU on ebay so bought it, but then thought it best to double check before I go ahead and fit it and then damage the new PSU. Added a picture of the internals.

Look forward to your help guys.
    Attached Files

Re: LG 42LS345T Blown main fuse on PSU

The fuses tend to be anti-surge (Time delayed so prefix T) so you need to replace it with a T3.15 amp fuse and better still a ceramic fuse.

If the set powered up with the old power supply I would replace the fuse with the correct one (T3.5A) and try again.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

OK, But surely there must be an issue as I replaced it with a 3.15A fuse? I heat shrunk it to make sure it was insulated.

Comment

Do a google search on time delay and quick blow fuses which would give you a better insight than I can.

However even if you replace it with a T3.15Amp fuse it doesn't mean that it would not blow again should the the set have a fault.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I appriciate that, but I was just asking if anyone suspects it to be a PSU fault normally when main fuse blows or could it be another PCB issue?

Comment

Dear me
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

If power board blows fuse you have problems with power board
              I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
              X