SAMSUNG HP-T5054 will not turn on,clicks when power is applied to it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMSUNG HP-T5054 will not turn on,clicks when power is applied to it

this Samsung model HP-T5054 TV WAS GIVING TO ME.WHEN I plug it , there is a clicking coming out of the center board in the back.First i looked at the capacitors they all look good.next i unplugged the Y main board(left side facing from the back)then plugged the power plug in, it still clicks.i did the same with the X main board(right side)powered it up still clicking.when i disconnected the board with the video connections (lower center)and plugged power cord in the clicking went away.still nothing else worked.Help me . thank you.

Re: SAMSUNG HP-T5054 will not turn on,clicks when power is applied to it

Probably a main board fault.
    Follow these steps:
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...61&postcount=2

(If it still clicks we may need to force power on -- you will need a couple of 100 to 470 ohm resistors to do so.)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

These have power supply issues and not just with the caps on the stand by supply. Those will be bad and not always buldged.

The other problem with these is the two mosfets QX801 and QX802.

On the backside of the board you will need to replace diode (smd) dx803 and dx804.

There is also two resisters, I think they were 100ohm. (two for each diode) also smd.

I think they are in parallel with the diode.

These don`t always go bad but they are easy to check. Normally one will be shorted and some of the resisters will be open.

Hope this helps.

Comment

your image 2of4 looks the same as my tv,but my control board looks different,its about 6 inches square pn#WL452DA17AN5J2. also if i disconnect the control board then connect power it still clicks. hope this will help

Comment

Got any pictures of it?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

what adress do i send pictures to

Comment

Use the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS option below the reply window.

Comment

Here is the picture of the control board on my TV.
                Attached Files

Comment

Bottom of board - CN2010 - pins 5-6.

Comment

do you want a picture of the bottom of the board?

Comment

No, I am pointing out the jumper for the test pattern.

Comment

I did the test,no change still clicks

Comment

OK, you will need to get some 100 to 470 ohm resistors.

Comment

I wasn`t sure what resistors i needed to buy.I bought some 470ohm,do i need other ones to? If so what do i need to get? Thanks again for your help.

Comment

470 ohm is fine -- I meant any value from 100 to 470 ohm.

You will need to measure the voltage on PSON and VSON just as it clicks on and before it clicks off to determine the correct polarity.

Comment

what is PSOS,VSON and where are the points at?

Comment

They are on the connector going from main board to PSU board and should be labelled.

Comment

I found the connector,its not labeled,it has 24 pins,its the only one between the boards, which pins are the power pins

Comment

Sorry for the wrong post! Same model for plasma.

Comment

Can we see a picture of the general area around the connector? Every Samsung I have seen is labelled.

Comment

Working...
                                        X