Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

panasonic p50gt25 turns on for short period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panasonic p50gt25 turns on for short period.

Hello there, my TV has recently started acting up but it doesn't seem to be dead.

Basically it runs for about 30 or 40 minutes after being turned on, but then shuts off with the 7 blinking lights code.

I tested the SD and SU boards with a multi meter and could not detect any shorts on any of the pins.

I was considering getting a new TV but I actually don't want to let this baby go, I still honestly love the picture on it. If it didn't turn on at all, I would consider it more "dead" but the fact that it will continue to turn on (even now) and then turns off after a certain amount of time, really convinces me that it is fixable.

I am thinking maybe its something to do with power ? once a component reaches a certain temperature it shuts down maybe ?

I am pretty smart with electronics, but very in-experienced when it comes to circuit boards, voltages, capaciters etc etc.

Would love any help or advice on the next best course of action in fixing this TV. Anyone have any ideas? Or seen similar behaviour before and have an idea what could be wrong ? Something else on the TV I should be testing with the multi meter ? I don't want to switch out any boards until I know what board is causing problems.

Any help is appreciated, I feel determined to get this TV back up and running.

Thanks !

Re: panasonic p50gt25 turns on for short period.

check / tighten all the screws on the boards (SU especially). They are used for grounding and are known to work loose and "corrode" from heating. IF they are left in this condition, it will eventually take out drive components on the SU board at the very least. Lots of plasma panasonic posts warning of this problem... which is usually caught to late and require board rebuild / replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
      check / tighten all the screws on the boards (SU especially). They are used for grounding and are known to work loose and "corrode" from heating. IF they are left in this condition, it will eventually take out drive components on the SU board at the very least. Lots of plasma panasonic posts warning of this problem... which is usually caught to late and require board rebuild / replacement.

Hmm yeah I did read about this and I did go over every screw, tightening every single one I could. None of them seemed to be loose but I made sure to tighten them in nice and hard anyways.

Maybe the damage has already been done ? Any other advice ?

Comment

beside tighten though, you need to check under them to board to ensure there is no oxidization / corrosion from heating which causes a higher / loss of ground.

Comment

Working...
        X