X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qilive Q.43-371 HDMI no audio

Hi guys
    This is a wierd one. I have a customer with one of these Qilive TVs

He has a MAG TV box, it works but he gets no audio.

That was a MAG250. He brought it to my workshop and on my TV it works fine.

I gave him a MAG254 which also tests fine at the workshop, and gave him that along with the HDMI cable I used to test, but it makes no difference - he gets video but no audio.

He tried all 3 HDMI sockets and it doesn't make a difference. He has an android box and a satellite receiver and they give sound on HDMI no problem.

So I am at a loss to understand what is causing the problem. Any ideas?

Rich
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Re: Qilive Q.43-371 HDMI no audio

i wonder when he is say on hdmi 1 which his mag tv box is connected to, in the sound settings on his tv can he change anything? i know on my tv i can change hdmi to analogue/digital auto etc maybe his sounds settings on his tv he can alter something

Comment

Hmmm possibly. It's a really weird one this, I doubt anything is actually faulty, in fact both of the Mag boxes, hdmi cable and the TV all test to be OK. They just don't want to work together.
      Follow me on YouTube
      ------------------
      Learn Electronics Repair
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        i wonder when he is say on hdmi 1 which his mag tv box is connected to, in the sound settings on his tv can he change anything? i know on my tv i can change hdmi to analogue/digital auto etc maybe his sounds settings on his tv he can alter something
        just re read my post and could not edit it,i should of said
        i wonder when the tv is on lets say hdmi 1 (which his mag tv box is connected too), in the sound settings on his tv can he change anything? i know on my tv i can change hdmi sound to analogue/digital auto etc maybe in his sound settings on his tv he can alter something and get the sound working like you say must be the tv and box miss match somehow.

Comment

Working...
        X