Acer ES1-521-67LP Model: NX.G2KEX.025

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer ES1-521-67LP Model: NX.G2KEX.025

Problem: battery doesn't charge and LED1 is constantly blinking in amber color.

Backstory: this laptop came for a battery replacement, the factory battery died after more than a year of use. I replaced it with battery received from Acer Croatia authorized service provider. They sent me a Cameron Sino CS-ACE150NB. Battery is recognized by laptop and it boots normally with it. Latest BIOS is installed. Everything works properly except battery charging.

Laptop has original charger and I also tried with aftermarket charger. The battery doesn't charge but it depletes normally. When charger is plugged in it doesn't say "not-charging, just "plugged in". Tried uninstalling battery from device manager. This laptop also has the battery disconnect button SW2 which I also tried. No go.

What does the constant LED1 amber blink mean?

The schematic was posted in this thread.

Thank you.

Re: Acer ES1-521-67LP Model: NX.G2KEX.025

Check the resistance to GND Battery Coil( with out power no battery inserted) if more then 500 Ohms the line is good after check all pins of battery connector with and with out battery for voltage

Comment

Thank you very much for responding. Do I check on the contacts shown in linked image?

https://imgur.com/a/sf6EiWV

Comment

check the resistance to GND PL207 PL202 PL303
        check PQ304 N Fet with out power for any short if dont know how to test go through YOUTUBE
        check the voltage on PQ305 pin 5 must be 18-20V

may be the new battrey is not working

Comment

Sorry for long time no response I was trying to get a new battery and do the tests you recommended.

This was the 2nd battery I tried and also no charging.

On this mainboard I cannot PL207 and PL303. Images of MBO are here.

I couldn't figure out how to test PQ304 so I took the mainboard to a guy who knows how and he said it is not shorted.

I will try to test PQ305 today.

Comment

Better quality mainboard images:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vsj...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BIR...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Check voltage on all pins BQ24725 PU301 if you can but Since you are newcomer if the pins get short set Dead

Comment

Working...
              X