Magnavox 19md357b REPAIRED!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magnavox 19md357b REPAIRED!!!

Thanks I will be starting Shortly on Opening case and see what I got to deal with.

Comment

Heres a Summary of the task at hand,I have check all connections and other component for this TV all is in good condition no burnt cables connectors or any of the sort.except for some the one's listed on the Bottom list.
      I will fallow you're advice and replace all of them since I see they used low quality one's overall.Don't know when I will be able to buy since I am in very limited funds. Will keep as a prioroty since I am very excited about this.
      will go online to check now for the Price of the Products needed.

C118 = Blown

C107 = Good

C176 = Good

C102 = Good

C502 = Good

C112 = Blown

C555 = Good

C175 = Good

C117 = Blown

C503 = Half way Blown

C114 = Good

I have gone to Mouse web site made a Account. is United Chemi-Con a good Company for quality capacitors if not please help me pick one Brand that is good.Thanks in advanced
      Last edited by soulripper; 08-29-2011, 03:42 PM. Reason: Forgot an Important question

Comment

I have place my Order thru Big Pope for my Capacitors when I received them and install on the moment of thruth.Will post. thanks Dgtech and BigPope caught the misprint and is all good.

Comment

Well I started it seems unsoldering to old solder is really hard.oh will do because I am learning more than I realize definetly wanna see it thru.

Comment

Flow some new solder into the joint first. That will help melt the old solder.
            Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Thanks I will this advice sounds like a good idea.

Comment

How did you make out? I just replaced a few capacitors on a 26" Magnavox. Very simple. High school electronics came in handy. lol

Comment

hoping the caps get here soon.Like i said in my previews post. when desoldering to old solder is was very hard but someone gave some great advice and solder new top of the old and that will make it simpler to extract. Name is dood and thanks to him a million.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh1 View Post
                    How did you make out? I just replaced a few capacitors on a 26" Magnavox. Very simple. High school electronics came in handy. lol
                    Awesome glad it worked out for you kudos.

Comment

Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I googled Magnavox 19md357b and found this thread. I garbaged picked this same tv/dvd player combo this past Saturday. Plugged it in, came on for two seconds, saw a green line and heard a noise, then it went blank. This was my third attempt at repairing an lcd monitor or tv. I'm two for three after replacing three bulging and leaking caps.
                      All three were 1000 uf 10V. I replaced with 1000 uf 16V. A bonus was a dvd still in it of the movie " I love you man". Worked out well for my daughter who's 19" lcd tv had a bad speaker. Gave her this tv and replaced her 14" lcd monitor (previous repair 1 bad cap replaced) with her tv with the bad speaker.
                      Thanks to all for the info found here. Much appreciated.
                      Mike95 in NJ

Comment

OK, so I have most of the information I need to try to repair this TV. When I order the caps listed in the first post do I need to specify a brand or just this, for example: 10000uF 10V?

Comment

You can order them from www.Badcaps.net to remove all doubt of what you're getting. He has low ESR caps here.
                          The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Originally posted by margo t View Post
                            When I order the caps listed in the first post do I need to specify a brand or just this, for example: 10000uF 10V?
                            You need to order "low ESR" caps. For a SMPS application, low ESR (ohms) caps are required.

A number of companies like Rubycon, United Chemi-con, Panasonic, and Nichicon make quality low ESR caps.

A complete list is here at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2280

Members here like Panasonic FR, FM, and FC (in order of lowest ESR). This immediately simplies your choice down to one company and a few series of caps. PlainBill has written instructions on how to order from digikey at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...33&postcount=2

Or as Dgtech writes, you can order them from this site at

https://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=26
                            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks so much for the replies! I'll post pictures if/when I have the thing taken apart.

Comment

I know I should probably have more training and experience to try this but figure I have little to loose; the tv won't work and I'm not going to pay to have it fixed.

So -- I'm in the process of taking it apart and have the base unscrewed and the back of the monitor loose and I'm at the point where I need to detatch the small, delicate connections to the DVD player part. I can see how to detach them but how on earth am I ever going to get them reattached when it's time to put the whole thing together? It is such a small, tight space to work in.

Comment

A photo - probably does not help ..
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by margo t; 11-21-2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

They just slide out. Use needle nose pliers if you have them. If not, just give a little wiggle and out it comes.
                                    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Thanks for the support!

Also, I found that there is a removable panel that makes this more accessible - that will make it MUCH easier. Posting a pic for other dummies like me!

Gently but firmly just pull it off.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Look, see the bad caps? I'm almost ready to begin the repair - yay!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by margo t View Post
                                          Look, see the bad caps?
                                          They look like Capxon brand? If yes, they make terrible caps and have a poor reputation for reliability.
                                          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                          X