Would this Oscilloscope be any good? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this Oscilloscope be any good? :)

Hi guys. I'm looking at buying my first oscilloscope, and wondering if this would be any good?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hantek-4C...815588b&_uhb=1

Or else if you had some other recommendations?

Thanks guys!!

Re: Would this Oscilloscope be any good?

There are many pages of discussion about the Hantek scopes on the EEVblog site, many by people who have actually used these scopes. Go read them. There are also tons of threads by people asking "Which oscilloscope should I buy". Go read those, too.
    Last edited by Uniballer; 09-14-2014, 05:27 PM.

Comment

It's very good but much better value for money is Rigol DS1054Z or DS1074Z IMHO.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        ...but much better value for money is Rigol DS1054Z or DS1074Z IMHO.
        I second that. And with both Rigol's you can freely unlock them to 100MHz and enable all the Options: http://riglol.3owl.com/
        I have a DS1074Z here on the desk.

And if you really want something better quality, than you go very fast over $1000,- for an new Agilent or Hameg.

Edit: You're in Europe so good chance you can buy the Rigol's from here: http://batronix.com/shop/rigol/DS1000Z.html
        Last edited by Clutchbox; 09-19-2014, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I have the *cough* DS1074Z with all options plus 100MHz. Serial decode is incredibly useful...
          For the price, nothing beats it. Incredible value for money. A few bugs, none serious.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have just ordered a Rigol DS1074Z after looking over heaps of different online reviews. It seems to offer the most bang for buck, especially since the hardware and options can be "upgraded" as Clutchbox & Tom66 say.

Should get it within a few days so I will let you know how I do with it. Bear in mind, my first oscilloscope is a Hantek 6022BE, so I'm no scope expert. It's not a bad scope, but my god the software is so buggy and crashy! I got by with it though.
            If I broke it, it was only AU$65. Good and portable for testing automotive stuff connected to a netbook though, that's all I use it for these days.

But I digress...
            Getting back to your question, my question to you is, what are you going to use it for primarily? Will you use the logic analyser/waveform generator part of that scope you provided the link for?
            Last edited by Dans2530; 09-21-2014, 12:20 AM.

Comment

just adding some info on the new Rigol DS1054Z, this model will not come with MSO and integrated signal generator. ciao
              running, biking, oscilloscoping

Comment

Working...
              X