Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN55H6400 No Video or Audio

Hello folks,

This is new to me, and trying to determine if this is panel, Tcon or Main board issue.

The TV responds to remote control (when on, the Optical audio light is on / red, and Tcon blue light turns on) - both on and off

Disconnecting power supply cable to Main board, forces the back light to turn on.

How would I determine if this is main, Tcon or bad panel? Is the next step disconnecting the cables from TCON to Panel? Cheapest option was to replace the EEPROM on the main board - I did that, and no change.

Just seeing if I'm on the right track. Thank you
    Last edited by jason123; 10-13-2019, 08:58 AM.

Re: Samsung UN55H6400 No Video or Audio

Unplug ribbon cables to panel one at a time to see if tv powers up on one side.

This may apply. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50646

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks neilc6 ... yes, this is applicable, somewhat.

with TV face down, I disconnect the right hand side ribbon to panel and I get back light.
      if I cover with scotch tape, the left most side of the ribbon cable or right most, I get good image on the left hand side of the screen. I can't get anything on the right hand side only black (with backlight) or full white.

So I started making measurements on the right hand side tab (board bonded to panel) and many of the caps are shorted. Any way to identify which one (cap) is the problem without removing all of them?? Assuming a shorted cap here, but i could be wrong.
      Any guidance is appreciated.
      Attached Files

Comment

Had similar situation here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80010

Too difficult to find the short with the 0402 and 0603 caps. Tried tape method, ripping off side tabs and ended up scrapping the tv since the touchpad remote sells for $100!

Comment

Thank you.. i might have just lucked out .. i started removing the larger 805 caps..while monitoring resistance and the second one i removed was the defective one CA113! Replaced it with a 1206 i had and the tv fired up.. as good as new. Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
          X