2 dead monitors, blueh h94w and amw x1700ds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 dead monitors, blueh h94w and amw x1700ds

Good News! The screen do a flash when I connect the battery and after that the screen still black but if I disconnect the battery and reconnect it again the screen flash again.
    (At the begining the screen flash during 10sec)
    Last edited by flosers; 07-17-2014, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Well that is good and bad - better have a look at diodes rtech mentioned
      they are the ones on the power supply - Black cylinders with silver ends.
      One test is NO power to board meter on ohms 2000 one probe to each end
      write down the result. (may need a few seconds to settle) swap the probes round and test again.
      Aim is one way it should have a reading the opposite way will be overscale - we hope.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I can't have a exact result,maybe because they are caps in series?
        So do you went I unsolder diodes?

Comment

I think you will have to - maybe just lift one leg clear?
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

around 1800 for d805-1 and 2
            and around 350 for the d807-1 and 2
            In the other sense they are noting so they seem to be good?

Comment

Does your meter have a diode setting - try that.

It should be a value one direction and infinity (off scale) OL ((NOT ZERO)
              the other way.

Then try this one again
              Ok - Put it all back together and set your meter on 20vdc and switch the set on.
              First put the black on a ground screw and with the red probe test the voltage at each side of the 4A yellow fuse.

Next switch it off (You may need help with this) you have to put black probe to ground and with the red probe test on the on/off pin WHILE you turn the monitor on and for about 10 seconds after or until the light flash on then off again.

On the back of the power supply is a 16leg IC IC 501 what is the part number on it

And another test - a difficult one as you will be in high voltage area.
              Dont let the probes slip or touch anything else.
              There are two small caps top left corner of the power supply board .
              Find where they are on the underside and test the voltage (meter on vdc200)
              as you switch the set on.

Comment

I have 140 for the D805-1 and 2 and 97 for D807-1 and 2

I have 3,2 so we can deduce that the problem dont come from the main board but from the PSU board
                I have 15v max for the C815 and 5,8 for the C818.
                "On the back of the power supply is a 16leg IC IC 501 what is the part number on it" can you be more specific? I can't find this component.
                Last edited by flosers; 07-17-2014, 02:35 PM.

Comment

"I have 140 for the D805-1 and 2 and 97 for D807-1 and 2"
                  and with the leads reversed?

3.2volts on the fuse? - I will look into that.

Those voltages seem a bit low What are the ratings on the caps.

"On the back of the power supply is a 16leg IC IC 501 what is the part number on it" can you be more specific? "

Cant be more specific than that !! IC501 is the board designator and there is ONLY one 16 legged IC ??

i Clue - its on this picture http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/15...0716195947.jpg

Just above the two mosfets.

Comment

I have 1.

No I have 3,2 for this step:Next switch it off (You may need help with this) you have to put black probe to ground and with the red probe test on the on/off pin WHILE you turn the monitor on and for about 10 seconds after or until the light flash on then off again.

For the fuse the voltage is 4,5 at both side, I forgot sorry

Comment

The two transformers parts number are T501 and T502.

Comment

Ok thats a bit better then -- the 1 for the diodes is on the left of your meter - yes? same a s having the probes apart.

3.2v 0n the on /off is good

Fuse should really be 5v as I think I trace it back to the 5v redwire pin on the connector
                        perhaps test that red wire voltage next time your all connected up..

If its not 5v then you will need to check the voltage regulators and the voltage on the adjacent caps on the main board. see pic
                        Another test is on the Blue high voltage caps at the ends of the inverter transformers. They can only be checked visually for cracks or discoloration and
                        a resistance test on your highest ohm scale.
                        Well thats it for tonight -sorry we are no nearer - perhaps budm will look in again with some more ideas. We will in any case need his help with that 16 leg chip when we get the data sheet for it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flosers View Post
                          The two transformers parts number are T501 and T502.
                          What!!!! Noooooo!!

See pic what is the number on the black casing
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ah ok sorry
                            To be more specific the fuse have in output and output 4,78V
                            INN837GN
                            76PNHYZT
                            075IAI
                            I'm not sure of what Is write on this component because it's write verry little.

Comment

I read INL88 on the component thats all. If someone have better eyes X)
                              Edit:
                              Some condensator don't have result with the multimeter in diode test mode (blue condensator near CCFL output) that's normal?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by flosers; 07-17-2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Try wiping it with IPA - isopropanol alcohol. may bring the letters up

Comment

Well I try some product but I'm afraid that It's worth now...

Comment

What do you say about caps who don't have result with the multimeter in diode test mode that's not normal?
                                    I do some research for find the datasheet of my board but I haven't find anything.

Comment

I take it you mean worse now- I am still working on it but am out a lot today.
                                      I am on a laptop will try on a big screen.
                                      Now think its is I or 1 NL 83

Posted as a bitmap to keep the quality for now
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Worse sorry,ok

Comment

Easy to see when you know eh? INL837GN

Anyway here is something to try - at your own risk

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...hlight=hyundai

Comment

Working...
                                          X