This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey there! Like Jefutbol, I joined in hopes of getting help with my TV. A friend pointed me to these forums. I started a thread over here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...951#post271951

Thanks for being so welcoming!
    Last edited by Dumbsday; 10-05-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I stumbled upon this site while trying to find a Replacement capacitor for an HP Power supply I'm trying to repair. I have been causing short circuits since I was 13 and I'm 50 now so I started before PCs existed and my first was a TRS80 model 2 with a Cassette tape. Later I got the memory expansion and a 5"1/4 Drive. I hope I can make a cotribution to this forum.
      Thank you

Comment

An over-60 retired engineer, I continue to tinker with broken devices, large and small, with goal to restore them to operating condition. Happened across badcaps while searching for solutions to video/sound anomolies with my Magnavox LCD HDTV with Built-in DivX DVD, 19MD357B. After reading through the thread "Magnavox 19md357b REPAIRED!!!", I concluded the cause is likely a number of degrading/failed electrolytic caps. Now to order and replace them. Thanks for the professional postings by ALL!

Comment

Hi I'm new to the site. Trying to get some help on fixing my LN32A550. Currently, the CCFL's are not completely backlighting the screen. Only a small portion is dimmed on the top right corner. I'll be searching more for a solution but thought this forum would help me find it.

Thanks!

Comment

hi i'm new here,, i like modding notebook bios - efi and hardwrae trobleshouting,, i join this forum to have more friends and more - more knowledge.. i'm from indonesia

Comment

Hi everyone...i am mjlomax from Texas...disabled before that worked at a Insurance Billing Co.....Glad to be a part of Badcaps.net...just hope I can find the answer to my tv problem on the forum...

Comment

I am mjlomax and so glad to be a member...I have a philips 42 inch tv that won't turn on...it will click but that is all..I really need help...I'm disabled and really don't have money for a repairman....

Comment

Hi,

I'm Eric from Toulouse, France. As I'm able to use a soldering iron and I like dismantling things (from when I was very young!), most of my friends are relying on me when one of their electronic devices fail.
                  This forum is a wonderful tool to find info on many equipment!

Eric

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Hi, I'm from Cd. Juarez,Mexico the most peaceful city in the world! At this time just 60 deaths per month...very low if you think there were over 300 dead bodies each month half year ago and over 10000 in the pas 5 years.
                      Right now I work by my self fixing any thing with transistors. I found this forum and I hope to help anybody needs something to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

I found some good information on this site and found through a search I entered in google. I am an Electrical Engineer that does not deal with consumer electronics except to fix my own stuff. I have fixed a lot of different items through the years and it is interesting that people have the same problems with the same items. So any time I find problems I like to share them with other people so the do not get ripped off.

Comment

I found this site through a search I on Google. I am and electronics engineering and I do not deal with consumer electronics except to fix my own stuff. I find it interesting that when you find a problem with an item a lot of people have the same problem with that item. So when I find that stuff I like to share the problem and fix with other people so they do not get ripped off.

Comment

Hello to all, I too found this site through Google. I have allways fixed electronics, computers etc. So when it breaks i just love dismantling and soldering. Here is the knowlege that will help me and others a lot.

Kind regards

Comment

ooops double post sorry guys!
                              Last edited by RickRepairs; 10-09-2012, 03:03 AM. Reason: Forgot I posted already

Comment

Hey Psygnosis is also the name of the company that did the game Drakan order of the flame! looks like the same logo as your avatar!

good times!

Comment

As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

Hello my name is BJ i am joining this site hopefully to be able to repair my LG tv which has lost its power totally. I have used a soldering iron before but apart form that no knowledge but a fast learner so heres hoping that this site an help a newby like myself.

Comment

Hello my name is Brian from the Isle of Wight which is at the southern most end of the united Kingdom. I am hoping that this post will grant me access as I am tired of being ripped off by people who repair items. My LG 42inc tv has just died and it is only three years old. There is power at the end of the lead which is going into the set but absolulety no power in the tv itself. i am sure it cannot be anything to technical and i am willing to give it a go myself nothing ventured nothing gained so to speak. I may have to buy a soldering iron but hand the expense so any ideas or tips or if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. You never know i might learn something along the way.

Comment

My name is Paul. I am here to learn more about electronics and about how to repair them.

Comment

Hello to you...I am Eric from Holland
                                        I am student and found this website useful in the past, so I decided to join as a member. I am currently working on D-Link DWL-700AP Wireless B Access Point and look forward to checking out the forum! Hope we can help each other out.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                          X