Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TH-42PZ700Uv Momentary Sound and Picture then 7 blinks. Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TH-42PZ700Uv Momentary Sound and Picture then 7 blinks. Is it possible

Thanks for the info! Does this affect the TH-42PZ70BA too? I'm on the look out for one of those as a TV for the student house.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: Panasonic TH-42PZ700Uv Momentary Sound and Picture then 7 blinks. Is it possible

Originally posted by rayrod81 View Post
      I have seen a few of these that when first powered on will briefly flash as the screen was primed and shutdown into 7 blinks. So far all 4 have been the bad panel. The 2 I have seen with a bad SC Board did not prime the screen and just immediately began blinking at power on.

I would have a hard time believing the TV is showing a picture and shutting down into 7 blinks. Either he is blowing smoke or miscounting the blinks.
      In the one experience I've had with a Panny plasma, a FET on the SC was bad but the screen still primed. That was it though. No picture, no sound, just the screen priming and then 7 blinks. I was able to replace the FET and get the set working again.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        Thanks for the info! Does this affect the TH-42PZ70BA too? I'm on the look out for one of those as a TV for the student house.
        I am not entirely sure as the Sevice bulletin I have only mentions the US Models. I would lean toward yes due to the fact that the circuits are practically the same on the SC and driver boards but I can't guarantee that. Either way this is one TV that I do not hesitate to pick up because the boards themselves are worth so much.

Comment

I probably would do it if I was closer, 70 miles one way, and he would come down on his price, $85. I've been trying to line up a few tvs in the same area to make it worth the time and money. It's difficult when I can't get responses from everyone in a timely manner.

Comment

Working...
          X